Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Medicom, SSC, Marmits and two prior Hot Toys iterations, I think I'm finally good with these. :thud:

Suuuuure. :lol

The way some of the armor is on these guys reminds of some of the 3 3/4 stormtroopers, especially how the leg armor is cut.

tsc037sandtroopercomp2.jpg

Suuuuure. :lol[...]

I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT TO YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!1! :gah:

:rotfl

Seriously though, it's weird. The Probe droid has sat safely in my collection, and these have settled in the same way in that they just work.

It would take a completely screen-accurate, HT-quality figure of an OT trooper to get me out of these. Upgrades are *always* a possibility in this hobby, case-in-point being when I thought I was done with the ANH version (trade-off being quality and overall look for sacrifice in accuracy). THAT didn't last.

But the chances of someone making a perfect OT trooper is very low at this point. I have the capability with my 3D printed bucket, but haven't time or inclination right now.

It helps that I really liked Rogue One. I guess I don't associate these with the OT as much.

We have the same taste in stormtroopers, TK0083. It was shots of your trio of Marmit stormies in the Show Us Your Troops thread from years ago, that ruined my life --- wait :rotfl -- I mean, got me well on my way on the quest for the perfect 1/6 stormtroopers.

After Medicom, SSC, Marmits and two prior Hot Toys iterations, I think I'm finally good with these. :thud:

If I want something super old-school, I have a 3D print of the OT helmet I can work up, but don't have the urge currently, which is telling. Although I'll get to it at some point.

:yess: :hi5:

That trio looks great together.

Should just switch out BW for Jyn. :lol

But the stormies look great.

I actually have 3 RO stormies now. Not buying Jyn or any other RO stuff, much as I really enjoyed the film. That's the thing about stormtroopers though -- they're like white sneakers. They go with just about everything. You can dress them up or dress 'em down. :lol

BW's just waiting on DC Mk VI and Spidey.

I actually have 3 RO stormies now. Not buying Jyn or any other RO stuff, much as I really enjoyed the film. That's the thing about stormtroopers though -- they're like white sneakers. They go with just about everything. You can dress them up or dress 'em down. :lol

BW's just waiting on DC Mk VI and Spidey.

3!?! For a minimalist like you that's quite an endorsement!

What's the setup look like?

3!?! For a minimalist like you that's quite an endorsement!

What's the setup look like?

To be fair, I've always squad-built stormtroopers. They're my kryptonite. :lol

I had more of the HT ANH troops when they first hit, but at this point I'm happiest with the RO iterations and that's all I've got now.

Set-up is undecided; I decided to get some new shelving but just haven't got to it.

To be fair, I've always squad-built stormtroopers. They're my kryptonite. :lol

I had more of the HT ANH troops when they first hit, but at this point I'm happiest with the RO iterations and that's all I've got now.

Set-up is undecided; I decided to get some new shelving but just haven't got to it.

Well I can't wait to see it. Your restraint is artistic and inspiring. Something I need to work on. :)

Well I can't wait to see it. Your restraint is artistic and inspiring. Something I need to work on. :)

:duff

Minimalism (especially as regards this crazy hobby) is hard. But I think what I truly enjoy is the challenge of editing things down -- for some people the fun is in the acquisition, for me it's editing, looking for the heart of what attracts me to a property in the first place.

I'm selling off one of my rogue one stormtroopers if anyone in the uk is interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys i have a question for those who got this and the 1st one released by HT. Do they have a lot of difference when it comes to sculpt and accessories? w/c one is a better pick if i can only get 1? Thanks a bunch!

That 1st you mean ANH version? I like it better overall. RO looks to me more like toys soldiers. Sculpt is different for both movies. But that's me. Somebody else will tell you the opposite. RO version doesn't have holster with blaster.

Hi guys i have a question for those who got this and the 1st one released by HT. Do they have a lot of difference when it comes to sculpt and accessories? w/c one is a better pick if i can only get 1? Thanks a bunch!

R1 has a bare amount of accessories, just 1 gun and some hands. If you put them side by side the difference is there. I like them both. R1 seems to have a rounder and smaller helmet.

That 1st you mean ANH version? I like it better overall. RO looks to me more like toys soldiers. Sculpt is different for both movies. But that's me. Somebody else will tell you the opposite. RO version doesn't have holster with blaster.

I prefer ANH as well both visually and posability. The low belt on R1 hinders the legs which impacts realistic stances whatnot. Someone who preferences museum type poses wouldn't care much about belt position but I like them to look natural.

Is anyone in the U.k or Europe wanting to sell one of these? PM me if you are, thanks.

I just received an email from Sideshow that my waitlist reservation has been converted into an order. That was a nice surprise!

Back