Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that most of the photos show the “projector” lit, I guess there’s a good chance HT haven’t bothered to fix the light up issue...
Other than that, looks great. I suspect we might be in for a fright with the price though, especially us UK & European collectors.

Anyone know if they used the external parts/dimensions, etc, from the EP7 version - or is it a completely new sculpt?

So I was totally unsure if this was a new version or one of the existing ones. I guess the other version was Ep7 version.

Totally agree the price better not be too high on this. The electronics and sounds will of course push the price up. But assume he'll be in the normal price range that HT currently has.

Biggest question for most of us is to upgrade the SS R2 or not. Always room for another R2 I guess.

The one thing I truly love about the Sideshow version is the touch to turn on feature.

I'm sure HT will put their switch under a screwed down panel in a place which is hard to get to.

i love this little guy, both from the movies and CW cartoon..so this is a definitive version of R2 for me

have a chance to grab SS R2 for nearly $100 but read bad reviews of SS's R2 in here > pass
TFA version...hate the "TFA title lol > pass

The one thing I truly love about the Sideshow version is the touch to turn on feature.

I'm sure HT will put their switch under a screwed down panel in a place which is hard to get to.

This will be remote controlled.

The dome is very nice, but I have too many nitpicks with the body to pick this one up. Primarily the very inaccurate middle leg. Not only does it extend out too far while deployed, but it's missing the two metal cylinders on the 'ankle'.

legpainting08.jpg

R2d2.jpg

Looks like the cylinders have been left off but you can see on the prototype where they will be attached so don't think that will be an issue when released.

Held off on the Tama and the PT R2..... this is the one for me. Instant purchase. I’ve just given my Tama 3PO the good news!

Back