Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they just labeled it as deluxe to differentiate it from the release from The Force Awakens. Pretty sure they would have put up both versions last night if there were indeed two versions coming at us.

Looks great. Only thing HT forgot was the fire extinguisher.

Be nice if a proper OT 3PO was revealed shortly as well. It's a must-have pair for any Star Wars display.

Since this is the Deluxe, I wonder what the "regular" will be?

Maybe Regular will be as a 2 pack with C3PO ? Perhaps at that point they could release the single regular too.

My guess a regular would be without the sounds, and maybe without remote.

I think it is deluxe since its accessories cover all original trilogy movies.

I wonder if the sound feature will be as useless and broken as the Darth Vader one. I'd be even happier if they ditched it and shaved $30 off the retail price.

Missing the obvious.
They are calling it “deluxe “ to mess with SSC and their supposed “R2D2 Deluxe “...
Kind of a laugh in your face sorta thing....

Missing the obvious.
They are calling it “deluxe “ to mess with SSC and their supposed “R2D2 Deluxe “...
Kind of a laugh in your face sorta thing....
:lol You want to mess with us by making a crappy Jedi Luke at the same time as us? Well look at our Deluxe R2-D2 that puts yours to shame.

I don’t think the price is too bad..
My problem is it is scheduled to hit the same time frame as Dooku, Han Mudtrooper and AOTC Yoda. Something will have to give.....
I think the price is pretty high for R2. I mean the last one was $220 so I’m not surprised this one is more, but I think it’s more than I’m willing to pay. I look at other full figures who cost close to as much and it just seems silly to be paying almost as much for this. Maybe I’ll save some rewards for him.

Not a bad price nowadays but.. if you’ve owned the TFA version before, you can just envision that with a few gadgets you’ll never use.
I sold the TFA version because the deco cane off as more of a piss white and not the bright white I wanted. Hope that changes.

I think the price is pretty high for R2. I mean the last one was $220 so I’m not surprised this one is more, but I think it’s more than I’m willing to pay. I look at other full figures who cost close to as much and it just seems silly to be paying almost as much for this. Maybe I’ll save some rewards for him.
Exactly. That’s hot on the heels of emperor. Dark Ani equivalent. Can’t help but compare when it’s this kind of coin.

Back