Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To hold the skirt up.

attachment.php

Didn't notice he's labelled as ROTJ R2. Just missing a Jabba's Palace service tray then.

JCHong has teased this R2 on Instagram as a Die Cast ROTJ R2.

It however features the Leia hologram from ANH, TLJ.
It also features the hook arm, radar, visor, power feeding cable from ESB.
Many of the other gadgets appear in most movies, from ANH.

Yes it also includes Luke's lightsaber from ROTJ, and the shaw it used in Endor.
But it misses the tray from ROTJ and it is definitely a more generic OT R2 than anything.

I hope the design remains the same when all compartments are closed, the dome is still full die cast with no seams visible, and maybe, maybe they can even fix the lights. Not how they look, but the fact that all projectors light up and that you must have them turned on in order to have the rest of the lights on.

Yes it also includes Luke's lightsaber from ROTJ, and the shaw it used in Endor.
But it misses the tray from ROTJ and it is definitely a more generic OT R2 than anything.

I hope the design remains the same when all compartments are closed, the dome is still full die cast with no seams visible, and maybe, maybe they can even fix the lights. Not how they look, but the fact that all projectors light up and that you must have them turned on in order to have the rest of the lights on.

I think they labelled it ROTJ, as that indirectly covers all versions (as far as appendages added over the 3 movies). Most people will have the serving tray still in the box somewhere. Am sure you could pick that up somewhere. Or just get the SS version. Fits with their Jabba actually.

parrasmaniac,
could you please elaborate a bit more regarding the light problem on HT's R2?
I don't quite understand what the problem was.
m.

hi, yes.

The light could be set in these three modes:

-off
-projectors on. All 3 projectors only. Not just the one in the front but the one on the top and the one in the back too.
-projectors on+normal r2 lights on (red and blue, side and back panels...)

You could not have the normal lights on without having the 3 projectors on.
Bad for battery life, too.

And why would anyone want to turn on the projectors without the normal lights?

The best electronics are those on the Tamashii so far.

I have the TFA version, but will likely pick this up too. Can never have to many R2's ;-) May get the TFA one weathered for a Daogbah vibe or use some of the accessories from this upcoming verson with it.

I really wish I could see what images are on that piece of paper on the table in the background.

Seems to be working on something from GotG too.

r2.jpg

I hope there's going to be a bit more weathering. He looks a bit too clean for me.

I really love this new shot and hope this is more what the blue will actually look like, as it seemed a bit off in the SDCC pics.

I came close to getting the revised SS R2 instead, but after watching some comparison reviews decided to hold off for this one, since it does have a more solid and high quality look to it and seems improved over the TFA version. And all those extra gadgets just look too cool to pass up... even if I never actually use most of them. :D

37903438_10155646791252344_5971114296564776960_n.jpg

I’m wondering if there will be a way to light up the Leia holograms? Maybe a table like the SS R2 came with or an internal light with a switch at the bottom?

Back