Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just considering getting a deluxe R2 to go with DX07 and ESB Yoda. Got a lead on one for a good price (at least compared to aftermarket/eBay prices), but it’s still a pricey figure. I’m sure it’s nicer than the Sideshow and TFA R2s, but is it really nice enough to make it worth twice the price of the other 2, especially when a lot of the accessories and the electronic features will probably only be used occasionally, if at all?

I love mine, it's a great piece to show your friends and family with the lights and sounds.

I hope not. I'm tired already of HT skipping the OT versions of characters and doing the other versions instead. Look at how many RO sandtroopers they did but skipped the ANH sergeant. Mando Tusken over ANH and there's talk of a Mando Death Star Trooper? I don't want a wide 3PO because Daniel's put weight on in his old age, I want a slim, silver legged, dented head 3PO.

I agree with you, still waiting on OT 3PO, Scout trooper and so on. I think Hot Toys is just milking the Mando hype for now, they know OT is timeless and will always sell.

Need your opinion guys, I am in dilemma whether to get TFA or Deluxe R2.

I love Deluxe R2 because of the excellent accessories, but I don't like its white color...I really love TFA's off-white with tad yellow tinge color to me it looks more versatile.

I''ve been going back and forth on this for weeks.

How often do you think you'll use the accessories?
Good question!....Maybe once in a while, but going to be very litlle. Maybe none at all. Lol

Your question made me realise, maybe I am too focused of just wanting to have the accessories, where likely I am never gaing to use them.

I love Deluxe R2 because of the excellent accessories, but I don't like its white color...I really love TFA's off-white with tad yellow tinge color to me it looks more versatile.

It will be a long, long time before we get another R2 with all of those accessories. You have endless options for displaying different scenes. I HIGHLY recommend the Deluxe (dependent on price) but if you plan just to have him posed sans accessories, get the less expensive TFA version. I also recommend the Sideshow version, which is pretty nice, as well, and less expensive, to boot.

Get the TFA. I’ve got the Deluxe and I’ve never used any of the accessories.

Deluxe R2-D2.

I've had both. Sold the TFA version and currently have the Deluxe.

If you're only going by pictures and video, I feel the Deluxe R2-D2's white looks better in person and the TFA's yellowed white looks worse in person.

Also depends on the rest of your collection and where the figure is going. If it's going to go with other OT era figures, with PT figures, The Mandalorian Luke, or as as a standalone display, I think the Deluxe is the better option by far.

If it's going with ST figures or in a Tatooine display with Jawas or something, the TFA version would work for that.

I missed out on this one when it was released. Just couldn’t afford another figure at the time and I already have the SS version which is pretty solid. But I wouldn’t mind getting the deluxe HT version now, and using my SS R2 for another display option. Hoping this gets re-released alongside OT C-3PO as a 2 pack in 2032. Lol!

I had both and sold the TFA version.

The deluxe version is still weathered enough that it serves its purpose.

If you're after versatility, it's sort of counterintuitive to buy the version based on a single movie, when the alternative is the one that represents "all" the movies. From that sense, the Deluxe version is the one with the most versatility.

The TFA version just sorta sits there, I felt the weathering was a bit overdone. After all, it represents an R2 that was sitting there in the dust and disrepair for 20 years, which is not really what I want in an R2 on my shelf.

I have the HT and the Tamashi ones and they're the best of both worlds. It wouldn't surprise me if they release a Mando one down the line which I'll probably get

Back