Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot, matrix69!

Artoo has found a new friend in that Sandcrawler....

INSIDE THE SANDCRAWLER.jpg

Just received my second one of these (got a good deal on both - $180 and $150 shipped - without any accessories though, and used an eBay coupon on one.)

I need to stop buying 1/6 figures.:slap:lol

Just received my second one of these (got a good deal on both - $180 and $150 shipped - without any accessories though, and used an eBay coupon on one.)

I need to stop buying 1/6 figures.:slap:lol

Dang. Good deals. Are you sure you got this version, and not The Force Awakens R2D2? The cheapest I could find this guy on eBay was at retail; no accessories (except the Death Star plans) at $215 plus $40 shipping from Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. Good deals. Are you sure you got this version, and not The Force Awakens R2D2? The cheapest I could find this guy on eBay was at retail; no accessories (except the Death Star plans) at $215 plus $40 shipping from Australia.

I bought the Force Awakens version used late last year for a good deal. Can't really go wrong for a second R2. Metallic dome. And really how often do you need all those accessories ?

Once I setup my display again he'll be next to my X-Wing Luke both standing opposite a Tie Fighter pilot and his black droid.

I've been telling myself that for years. Everyone I've gotten in the last few years, was the last one I was getting.
I wish you luck :duff

A new hope for the SW obsessed.:lol

No, that TFA version has a sort of pee-yellow look. This was both the whiter DX versions. On the cheaper one I did get $15 off from the seller plus used a $35 eBay coupon though - so that was a full $50 off.

I still have to check that the electronics on the newest one works though. Both came with the remote and batteries though.

I just had no use for any of the arms or lamp accessories - I never used any of that on my old Sideshow R2 (other than the drinks dispenser, which I absolutely loved.)

Fcz6AHe.jpg

A new hope for the SW obsessed.:lol

No, that TFA version has a sort of pee-yellow look. This was both the whiter DX versions. On the cheaper one I did get $15 off from the seller plus used a $35 eBay coupon though - so that was a full $50 off.

I still have to check that the electronics on the newest one works though. Both came with the remote and batteries though.

I just had no use for any of the arms or lamp accessories - I never used any of that on my old Sideshow R2 (other than the drinks dispenser, which I absolutely loved.)

Fcz6AHe.jpg

While I prefer the white of the deluxe, the off-white (pee) wasn't an issue for me. When it came time to decide whether to keep the TFA as a backup, it was the glossy blue panels on the dome that ended up being the deciding factor.

I'd rather a barebones deluxe as a backup for that reason. Though in general R2 is kind of a one and done for me unless I can figure out some way to make my display substantially bigger somehow.

Yeah in a lot of ways i prefer the pee colour look. Weathering is better.

However the pristine post oil bath R2 can stand with C3PO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got my waitlisted converted on this.I thought it was long gone.Had to dig up this thread and check the photos

It's a shame the Sideshow version kinda stole this one's thunder, as it's an absolutely fantastic looking R2.

I'm sure it beats the paint job etc by a lot, but after literally using zero of the SSC's accessories since getting it, I realized I didn't need to blow $200+ on an upgrade for something that's practically static in my collection.

Back