Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Tamashii Nations C3-PO, which i'm happy with. If HT release one with a 2nd set of hips, to allow a sitting position, i'd be up for that.

What we'll actually get is a swap out red arm. :doh

Hot toys should make 1 C3PO and make him the NEXT DX!!
OT version.
PT version
Removable limbs ala TESB but also with the silver leg from OT,grey assorted coverings ala AOTC,gold legs from ROTS,a red arm for ST,a carry bag for Chewie AND the TPM skeletal version before he gets his coverings.
Worn or Tusken damage as an Exc. later in the year.

😍

Hot toys should make 1 C3PO and make him the NEXT DX!!
OT version.
PT version
Removable limbs ala TESB but also with the silver leg from OT,grey assorted coverings ala AOTC,gold legs from ROTS,a red arm for ST,a carry bag for Chewie AND the TPM skeletal version before he gets his coverings.
Worn or Tusken damage as an Exc. later in the year.

��

Ha that'd probably be the only way to get me to buy another 3PO

My guess is they'll go either ST or PT version (PT is less likely though) first, followed by OT version. If they go with OT first, then they can't sell PT or ST versions easily.

My guess is they'll go either ST or PT version (PT is less likely though) first, followed by OT version. If they go with OT first, then they can't sell PT or ST versions easily.

I highly doubt a ST version is coming. HT went deeper on The Mandalorian than RoS so far which is just crazy. I don't know if they'd bother with a PT one either, maybe an exclusive for a dirtied up AotC version. I don't see them making a TPM one, would be super intricate if they went all out and cost a lot. So yeah, I just think they'll do an OT one.

I highly doubt a ST version is coming. HT went deeper on The Mandalorian than RoS so far which is just crazy. I don't know if they'd bother with a PT one either, maybe an exclusive for a dirtied up AotC version. I don't see them making a TPM one, would be super intricate if they went all out and cost a lot. So yeah, I just think they'll do an OT one.

I agree. Though what a beautiful and intricate figure that would be!

3PO was quite prominent in TROS though and had the "big scene" with that little robot-technician creature and the memory wipe, plus was in some big action/chase scenes.

So even though it makes no sense I could see a HT 3PO with Chewy bandolier/bowcaster, trenchcoat disguise (which was a funny bit - a clothed 3PO) and that little creature, mostly because it gets around that problem that 3PO really just comes with the fig and nothing more - a TROS release would give him a gun, cloak and significant accessories.

Does seem an odd coincidence that a rumor surfaces about a 3PO PO the same week or so that TROS hits home video/Blu.

Though... has anyone cited where this rumor actually came from?:dunno:dunno

So here's the first release pic of C3PO in all his (or her) glory !!

IMG_9743.jpg

Some companies can't get metallic paint correct on stuff that costs over 1k(lookin at you Blitzway and your non-chrome ecto bumpers) but here HT is doing it on freaking cosbabies.

:lol

Ecto, cost: $1000+... "eh, let's just paint it silver"

Cosbaby, cost less than 1/10 that... "yup, we chromeplate it".:lol

Back