1/6 Hot Toys - MMS745/745B - Episode III: Revenge of The Sith - Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate how they went with a super expressive sculpt. It captures Sidious' hysterical evil really well. Dude is unhinged and loving it.
Would have been cool though if this came with two sculpts.

YES! I've been waiting almost 20 years for this figure. Looks incredible! The sculpt is dead-on. My only criticism is that the eyes should be yellower. For anyone that doesn't know, the expression is based on this promotional photo:
7189323-star-wars-palpatine-solo-movie.jpg

Hoodless makeup test shot for reference.
x274n8whag751.jpg

Last edited:
YES! I've been waiting almost 20 years for this figure. Looks incredible! The sculpt is dead-on. My only criticism is that the eyes should be yellower. For anyone that doesn't know, the expression is based on this promotional photo:
View attachment 702895
Hoodless makeup test shot for reference.
View attachment 702910
Is the bottom pic the artisan version?

The 1/6th scale Darth Sidious™ Collectible Figure specially features:
  • Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Sidious in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs system
  • Movie-accurate facial expression, wrinkles and detailed skin texture
  • Body with over 30 points of articulations
  • Approximately 29 cm tall
  • Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable newly sculpted hands including:
  • One (1) pair of gesture hands with Force lightning effects
  • Three (3) lightsaber holding hands
  • One (1) pair of gesture hands
  • One (1) pair of open hands
  • Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:
  • One (1) dark brown colored tunic
  • One (1) pair of brown colored boots
  • One (1) brown colored hooded robe with black cape and brooch (bendable wire embedded)
Weapons:
  • One (1) LED-lighted lightsaber hilt (red light, USB power operated)
  • One (1) lightsaber hilt with detechable blade
  • One (1) red-colored lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
Accessory:

-Specially designed figure stand with nameplate and Star Wars logo

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:

- One (1) Darth Sidious commemorative coin

Release date: Approximately Q2 - 03, 2025

Wow, this looks great. I would've been all in if they didn't make the CW version 1st. Plus I think I prefer that over this. Normal non disfigured head, slimmer body and robes, and dual wielding sabers...

Don't need both, so I think I'm keeping my CW PO. Plus I still have the old SS 2pk I never opened.

Feeling really torn now. This looks great and I love the gleefully evil expression, but not sure I'd need this plus a hopefully future redo of his ROTJ look, and I'd rather have the latter if I could only have one. Might be nice to have the difference of the normal-faced CW version to contrast with wrinkly emperor-on-throne version, but that might be years away before it even gets shown, let alone comes out.

Back