Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be watching....

c7a8bfb7e440e8876fd1586eac9f0f01.gif
78c8453c4020f769a0183ecdd25efc58.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Do you recall the day you ordered?

I ask because they told me they ship in order... and I'm curious where I stand in line at this point.
Found the original email. I ordered on November 2nd. Just need to sort out the issue I’m having with whatever card and hopefully I’ll get it soon.

Got mine today.

This is the Sideshow on the left and the Hot Toys on the right.

Just looking at he photos, the Sideshow version holds up pretty well, but once you actually have them in hand, the difference is substantial.

APC_0083.jpg

Was about to buy this from ssc since its in stock and cancel my po from bbts, until i saw the price difference. SSC shipping cost was already out of control but now its even worse they are including the total shipping in the tax calculation. My god it will cost me $30 more at ssc then bbts. They done gone crazy not only mark up shipping like crazy but also tax it too. **** that. Ill never buy from them again unless its a last resort. $293.25 for r2 **** them.

Got mine today.

This is the Sideshow on the left and the Hot Toys on the right.

Just looking at he photos, the Sideshow version holds up pretty well, but once you actually have them in hand, the difference is substantial.

View attachment 477988

Thanks for the comparison pic. The HT does look great. Might be one I pick up later, but for the moment my SS will have to do. He?s posed with the drink tray on my ROTJ shelf, so he fits in quite well.
c0f3a5e096e7bb5a4f6ea95405b224e9.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Be careful taking the head off R2. The bottom plate for the spring loaded lightsaber pocket is just lightly glued in and the plate can catch on the body as you lift it out and break off.

Mine came off yesterday and I had to superglue it all back together.

Be careful taking the head off R2. The bottom plate for the spring loaded lightsaber pocket is just lightly glued in and the plate can catch on the body as you lift it out and break off.

Mine came off yesterday and I had to superglue it all back together.

Thanks for the warning. It's a bit unclear in the instructions - so you just pull the head off, no twist or anything?

Yup. It just lifts off. No clicking or popping to worry about getting worn out. It?s almost like uncorking a bottle. It fits in nicely without being too loose or too tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's something about this figure. Hard to believe such small differences would matter, but I like it a lot more than the TFA version. I guess the colours look right to my mind (not yellowed like TFA) and the accessory options put it over the edge, although long term I'll probably just use the life scanner.

I was just looking through the 1998 Star Wars Original Trilogy Visual Dictionary for the first time, and it clearly shows the saggy version of Artoo, with his feet rising to the outer edges...

R2.jpg

Even his third foot is wonky.

I got mine yesterday. I love it! But holy cow, the batteries in the holo-deck thing drain fast! They started dimming before I finished taking a few photos. In MINUTES!!!
Anyway, I had to put every attachment on him... that's why I picked him up. I also have the SS & Tamashi. I like the SS, as he's with Jabba serving drinks. & I like my Tamashi, cause he goes great with the Tamashi 3P0.
20200206_185208.jpg

20200206_184832.jpg

20200206_185148.jpg

I got mine yesterday. I love it! But holy cow, the batteries in the holo-deck thing drain fast! They started dimming before I finished taking a few photos. In MINUTES!!!
Anyway, I had to put every attachment on him... that's why I picked him up. I also have the SS & Tamashi. I like the SS, as he's with Jabba serving drinks. & I like my Tamashi, cause he goes great with the Tamashi 3P0.

View attachment 478078

That recharger/lantern is literally in scale with Black Series 6" figures.:rotfl

Do you have a side-by-side with the SSC and Tamashii?

Back