Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi hen, did R2 arrive? What are your thoughts?

So, does anyone know if this is officially shipping from Sideshow or is this one of those "partial shipments" deal?

Yeah - mine arrived last week before Thanksgiving. Is there a delay with other orders from Sideshow?

Hi hen, did R2 arrive? What are your thoughts?

So, does anyone know if this is officially shipping from Sideshow or is this one of those "partial shipments" deal?

He looks great. Definitely better quality than the Sideshow version. But I’m not sure that it’s worth the high price, even with all the accessories.

Yeah - mine arrived last week before Thanksgiving. Is there a delay with other orders from Sideshow?
He looks great. Definitely better quality than the Sideshow version. But I’m not sure that it’s worth the high price, even with all the accessories.

Thanks for the response!

There were a few folks here expecting theirs from Alter Ego, but I think you're the only one here that posted theirs was coming from Sideshow. Seems a little odd more people weren't posting about getting their shipping notice, but I suppose it could simply be a lack of interest in the figure and not many pre-ordered.

I'm holding off a little bit til maybe there's a free shipping offer from SS, or at least $25 off in-stock, or both!

Thanks for the response!

There were a few folks here expecting theirs from Alter Ego, but I think you're the only one here that posted theirs was coming from Sideshow. Seems a little odd more people weren't posting about getting their shipping notice, but I suppose it could simply be a lack of interest in the figure and not many pre-ordered.

I'm holding off a little bit til maybe there's a free shipping offer from SS, or at least $25 off in-stock, or both!

That?s a good plan. He probably won?t sell out anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For no pre orders on this guy sideshow sure is taking their sweet time processing mine- haven?t even gotten a notice yet

That?s a good plan. He probably won?t sell out anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always a gamble but it seems like SW are a safer bet nowadays. I have the two Hans from Solo on pre-order (I jumped on them when they were giving away the $25 off coupons on everything, even pre-orders), but I totally could have waited on those.

Besides, there's still the great feeling of instant gratification when ordering something and actually getting it within a week! As opposed to waiting over a year!

For no pre orders on this guy sideshow sure is taking their sweet time processing mine- haven?t even gotten a notice yet

That's very odd. Maybe it really is the partial shipment thing happening. Perhaps you can reach out to SS and see what's up with your order since you see other orders being fulfilled.

It's always a gamble but it seems like SW are a safer bet nowadays. I have the two Hans from Solo on pre-order (I jumped on them when they were giving away the $25 off coupons on everything, even pre-orders), but I totally could have waited on those.

That's very odd. Maybe it really is the partial shipment thing happening. Perhaps you can reach out to SS and see what's up with your order since you see other orders being fulfilled.

Besides, there's still the great feeling of instant gratification when ordering something and actually getting it within a week! As opposed to waiting over a year!
I have- twice now- and both times they have told me they haven’t gotten them in yet. To which I say “I see people already have theirs” and get told that that’s impossible....I think I’m done ordering with SSC I’m just going to go through eBay it’s faster and really rarely a huge price difference

I have- twice now- and both times they have told me they haven’t gotten them in yet. To which I say “I see people already have theirs” and get told that that’s impossible....I think I’m done ordering with SSC I’m just going to go through eBay it’s faster and really rarely a huge price difference

That's utterly bizarre!

Just received mine from AE and wow is it impressive in hand! I've only ever had the Sideshow version and this just feels immediately more solid and high-quality, and with a much nicer weight to it. The weathering is far softer than I was expecting from pics, but I'm fine with that as it'll fit even better with my Tama 3PO.

And of course the metal dome completely blows away the SS version.

20191203_122259~01.jpg

Just received mine from AE and wow is it impressive in hand! I've only ever had the Sideshow version and this just feels immediately more solid and high-quality, and with a much nicer weight to it. The weathering is far softer than I was expecting from pics, but I'm fine with that as it'll fit even better with my Tama 3PO.

And of course the metal dome completely blows away the SS version.

View attachment 472274

Nice!

This little guy is definitely my next HT purchase. I hope he hangs around till after the holidays..

I hope he sticks around until a free shipping offer or discount is offered. I have $100 I?m reward ss points, but I want to knock it down even more. Looks great!

Back