Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I’m so weak. Ordered at Alter Ego. With my rewards got it down to $207.99 and that’s shipped. I’m okay with that.

is the scale any different? I still have the SS version as I never got the HT one, hard to justify almost double the price for HT when there is no "face sculpt", the SS looks pretty good in a cabinet with other figure, up close the HT may be more detailed but to save $100 that's fine by me.

now if they do a diecast C3PO that may make me get this droid as well :(

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess if the in hand reviews of this blow me away then maybe but otherwise I'm fine with the ssc version.

They will. They always do.

Chrome dome alone makes it better. And it won't be all loosey-goosey and rattily.

Dunno - I almost bought the first HT R2 a couple of times due to a good price, but I ended up seeing it in a LCS and thought it was kind of meh. Part of the problem was the wash that was over the dome.

And having it not loosey-goosey is great (the SSC one's major downfall) but it comes down to the old argument - who would really display their R2 with all the arms (or even a few arms) anyway? Seems like 90% or more of people displayed their SSC R2 in stock mode.

Jesus.

Maybe I would bite with free shipping and a coupon code but no way am I paying over $250 for this thing. That price is loco.

Dunno - I almost bought the first HT R2 a couple of times due to a good price, but I ended up seeing it in a LCS and thought it was kind of meh. Part of the problem was the wash that was over the dome.

And having it not loosey-goosey is great (the SSC one's major downfall) but it comes down to the old argument - who would really display their R2 with all the arms (or even a few arms) anyway? Seems like 90% or more of people displayed their SSC R2 in stock mode.

I always have at least a periscope, scanner, or arm out on my SS R2 (since I used to love all his gadgets as a kid), but I have noticed that I'm one of the only one here who does. Lol

Some of the HT ones I know I'll never use though, like those little probes on either side of his head.

HT probably just fired someone for not making the price higher after reading that comment.

LOL Well if it was higher I wouldn't be buying it. So I guess everyone has their own threshold of pain. The current price is pretty much my limit for this figure, so they chose the right price point from my perspective.

HT probably just fired someone for not making the price higher after reading that comment.

:lol ..... probably.

I should clarify that I didn't actually mean $243 was cheap, just that it is a bargain compared to the TFA version people were willing to spend $220 on which came with nothing. I was fully expecting this to be more than a $23 upgrade, as that $23 gives us a ton of accessories and that is the bargain. I have the original SS v1 R2-D2 EX, which was $150. And some people complained about that price.

Reasonably, the TFA should've been about $180 and this OT Deluxe version like $220. But, if this isn't the definitive R2 in 1/6 scale, then I don't know what could be. So for that I'm willing to shell out a little extra. The only thing it's missing is the drink tray from Jabba's barge that the SS comes with, but having the SS version I can live without it. I'll use that on the SS R2 now with my original Jabba and throne, if I ever get to display it that is.

Plus to finally have a remote that can access the sounds and lights is too cool. Let's just hope it works right... :slap

Back