HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today an Holy sh**t balls this is most impressive! The presence an attention to detail are 2nd to none!

Planning to install LED lights into the bottom base as I don't have room for 2 tier stand but this thing is seriously worth every penny!
Currently reposing but took some pics.

Before you say it yes that is the Hasbro smart R2-D2 :rotfl:rotfl

75340953_2777794078898716_8147052107195744256_n.jpg
76651687_2777794245565366_3149353854340956160_n.jpg

Just got mine today!

?..and 1 of the tusks is broken. Just took the top piece of cardboard foam and noticed it right away.

I've never ordered anything through Sideshow before. What's my best course of action?

Attachments

• Vader Broken Tusk.jpg
    Vader Broken Tusk.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 257
This looks great! Already have the IS statue so not sure I'll order it. Love the extra sculpt. The chopped off hand potentially opens the door for a 1/4 Luke eventually. That elevated base is really strange and I worry a bit about all that pleather.

This thing is freaking amazing!!!! I need to do some major futzing on the outfit (hence the twisted pant leg), but no biggie. Also the switch, on the small head/helmet holding base, was frozen in the off position. While working on getting it to move, the lever broke off. I've already contacted SS for a replacement.

I LOVE THIS IN MY COLLECTION!!!!
pardon the mess
20191028_150909.jpg

I'll try & take better photos tomorrow.

To answer the battery question from Jkno....

AAA in the tall base extension you'll never use
AG4/LR626 in the belt boxes & chest
AG1/LR621 in the lightsaber hilt

Thanks DR!

:duff

Well, I've already taken the batteries out of the tall base extension & put that away. Earlier in the day I turned it on to test the lights, & then I shut it off. A bunch of hours later, I'm shutting the lights off in the house & going to bed, & only when it was all dark in the house...... what's this? Lights? I checked, yes the base is "off", but I'm still seeing very faint light (only visible once all other lights in the house are off). I turn it on, it's very bright. I turn it off.... it's very very dim, but not "off".
Don't know if anyone else has seen, or checked for, this issue, but thought I would put this out there.

I thought I was out... but then i curiously stumble into this thread and I'm immediately pulled back in. Wow. Cancelled and returned a BUNCH of other things so that I'm essentially not paying a cent for this. But this Vader feels like a once in a decade type of event. I had to be a part of this and I'm so excited to have him. Amazing pictures in here and this is the most screen accurate Vader I've ever seen. Just wow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:duff

Well, I've already taken the batteries out of the tall base extension & put that away. Earlier in the day I turned it on to test the lights, & then I shut it off. A bunch of hours later, I'm shutting the lights off in the house & going to bed, & only when it was all dark in the house...... what's this? Lights? I checked, yes the base is "off", but I'm still seeing very faint light (only visible once all other lights in the house are off). I turn it on, it's very bright. I turn it off.... it's very very dim, but not "off".
Don't know if anyone else has seen, or checked for, this issue, but thought I would put this out there.

Is there a battery inside anymore? Or maybe a second one, smaller battery? Or a glow in the dark panel?

Is there a battery inside anymore? Or maybe a second one, smaller battery? Or a glow in the dark panel?

Nope. Now that the batteries are out, there is zero light coming from it. I wasn't gonna be using that high base anyway, so I'm fine with it. The light works, as does the switch, so that's all I cared about. It's boxed up.

Aaaaannd here's some photos of me playing with my new dolly. IT'S A FIGURE!!!

Here's my take on the pointing photo from earlier.
20191029_131228.jpg

Throwing his lightsaber up to cut Luke's platform.
20191029_132910.jpg

Couldn't resist this one.
20191029_131550.jpg

Here he is with the Hot Toys Quarter Scale Boba Fett.
20191029_133504.jpg

20191029_130706.jpg

Jesus!… just got the duty charge to pay for DHL... $232NZ! This is why collecting quarter scales is a once or twice a hobby event.

Back