HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im definitely no Vader expert, but seeing this figure as 1/4 scale helps me tremendously to regconize ROTJ mask seemingly mixed between ANH and ESB, not?

The figure looks very cool. It has its small accuracy issues, I'm still afraid of the low quality pleather, but hopefully in December I'll get mine. I might use the tall stand part for a prop display or something. We'll see.

Received my Vader yesterday - it really is a stunning figure in hand. Here are some pics, including ones with the original (ANH) SS PF statue as a comparison:

IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2409.jpg
IMG_2411.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg
IMG_2416.jpg

Kinda feeling like my ESB Vader is going to seem a bit superfluous once I receive this 1/4 version. Just not sure I need two different sizes of basically the same figure...

I'm still "struggling" with that as well. I have 1:6 ROTJ and ANH Vaders, and this guy coming. Having essentially the same figure twice seems superfluous. On the other hand, I have the 1:6 Vader displayed with ROTJ Luke and the Emperor - having Vader missing in that combo feels odd as well. I guess I'll make a decision once I have this one in hand.

I have both ANH and ESB HT Vaders, plus the old SSC PF and Iron Studios, but I'll get this too. A good Vader is a good Vader.

Received my Vader yesterday - it really is a stunning figure in hand. Here are some pics, including ones with the original (ANH) SS PF statue as a comparison:

View attachment 469551
View attachment 469552

Thanks for the comparison pics to the original SS PF Vader statue. I have that as well and still love it... This looks great.

I gotta PO this soon. Every picture makes me want it more and more. Gotta get off my ass and put some stuff up on ebay...

Thanks for the comparison pics to the original SS PF Vader statue. I have that as well and still love it... This looks great.

You're welcome! The SS PF still looks good to this day but, due to lack of room, I will likely sell it and just keep the HT Vader. I prefer the 'museum' pose too.

You're welcome! The SS PF still looks good to this day but, due to lack of room, I will likely sell it and just keep the HT Vader. I prefer the 'museum' pose too.

Classic Vader PF has quite a good quality pleather, that holds perfectly even today. If I'll ever sell it I'm going to keep the cool 1/4 Mouse droid it came with

I bet you could use some of those PF parts to make a 1/4 ANH Vader. Particularly the chest box and gloves.

I have the 2nd Vader PF and the belt and light up box and the cape I believe would swap out easily. The shoulders are glued in place, chest box and the helmet peg would not fit but I am sure it could be made to work with some mods by someone more handy than me. The Vader PF was well done (face mask is almost a mirror to the Hot Toys) but many were not crazy about the pose. In hind sight if I knew the Hot Toys was coming out I would have passed on the statue.

BTW how is the tall stand holding on separately? Won't fall over if used to display a small prop or a bust on it?

Back