Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they make an Engineer they need to make sure they include the chair suit in just the one release. I can't see people buying two variants of an Engineer.

But not making her character would completely disrespect the film. She is the hero.

In fact I am disturbed that some people here watch the film and seem to dismiss her in favour of a clearly secondary character like Vickers. Sure Théron is prettier and she has the violent scene with the flame thrower, but again elevating that above Shaw's heroics seems pretty messed up.

She is the hero, and if they make her I'll instantly pre-order the figure, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't make her for the following reason...HT has avoided main character's before.

Main case in point. The Watchmen line. Everyone was clamoring for a Rorschach...probably the most popular character in that movie. Instead we got Silk Spectre II and a version of the Comedian. To be honest, not the best version from the movie either.

But not making her character would completely disrespect the film. She is the hero.

In fact I am disturbed that some people here watch the film and seem to dismiss her in favour of a clearly secondary character like Vickers. Sure Théron is prettier and she has the violent scene with the flame thrower, but again elevating that above Shaw's heroics seems pretty messed up.

:exactly: Shaw is the Ripley of this movie, who doesn't want a Ripley figure one day?

The top 3 figures to be made should be an Engineer, Shaw and David. Vickers to me just wasn't memorable enough for me to pay around $200, just like Charlie Holloway, whom I think is hot as hell, but just not imporant enough for a figure to be made.

I'm also surprised by people who want figures even if they think the movie was garbage, that's just weird imo.

I'm also surprised by people who want figures even if they think the movie was garbage, that's just weird imo.

I think some people just buy figures based on how great they look visually. Take the Terminator Salvation line. I know a lot of people who hated the movie but loved the designs and got the figures for that reason.

Me on the other hand. Totally agree with you. If I'm going to shell out money for figures that are this expensive, I have to really love the movie.

It's a good thing I loved Prometheus :)

I think some people just buy figures based on how great they look visually. Take the Terminator Salvation line. I know a lot of people who hated the movie but loved the designs and got the figures for that reason.

Me on the other hand. Totally agree with you. If I'm going to shell out money for figures that are this expensive, I have to really love the movie.

It's a good thing I loved Prometheus :)

Me too , it sealed to deal for the hot toy figures for me :yess:

Main case in point. The Watchmen line. Everyone was clamoring for a Rorschach...probably the most popular character in that movie. Instead we got Silk Spectre II and a version of the Comedian. To be honest, not the best version from the movie either.

With Watchmen the question arrises as to who is the hero or pivotal character. Silk Spectre II arguably ties everyone together. Still Hot Toys clearly handled that licence poorly, especially in the failure to release Night Owl II (Rorschach at least got a DCD version). I give Hot Toys some credit that they can learn from past mistakes.

I was just thinking the same thing seeing people trash the film in this thread.

Last edited:
"Event Horizon" and "Sunshine"... I wish "Prometheus" movie was as good as these two together :monkey2

Sunshine was amazing , but i think with prometheus we wanted something and we got something other than expected.That was suppose to be a good thing i thought, the un expected
I still cant figure the hate on this movie , i have been a huge alien fan for years and it was a great add-on, the story structure and drama was perfect imo.I am afraid to question every hater it seems like a argument waiting to happen

With Watchmen the question arrises as to who is the hero or pivotal character. Silk Spectre II arguably ties everyone together. Still Hot Toys clearly handled that licence poorly, especially in the failure to release Night Owl II (Rorschach at least got a DCD version). I give Hot Toys some credit that they can learn from past mistakes.

I think if the movie has been out of theaters its a risk they run.Hype is a sales point and after the movie comes and goes it is harder to go back to unless you loved it.

I don't think they did.

To me, the Comedian, ass that he was, was the character of the movie. Then make Rorschach and Bat Owl.

Anyone who likes Vickers the best has horrible taste. She was hot and thats pretty much it. The only likable people I think are David and the ship's captain

I thought this was an enjoyable enough movie, stunning visuals with a relatively poor script. Didn't deliver any characters memorable enough for me to drop cash on a Hot Toys figure though. If this was some dude's movie I would've been impressed, but Ridley Scott... I expected more tbh.

"Hey boys let me face hug you with my gut."

2a4zj15.jpg

Just back from the movie .... entertaining but disappointing on the plot, what's the point making this movie? I do not understand .... why show the alien at last, wtf :panic::panic::panic:

Back