Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mbfnidv0Nf1qdhps7o7_r1_250.gif

They've become bloated with box office glut now.

Something's wrong when the one company folks once held in high regard as the go to guys for outstanding iconic pop culture gold, are now an almost glorified Hasbro - churning out cookie cutter releases at an alarming rate.

In 2010 ( as you'd know a-dev) I was GOB SMACKED by their first serious T2 Arnold - it got me on board in the first place. Sure, they had stuff before that - but they brought a whole new game at the MMS117 point in their time on the scene.

Now - it's like a Target catalog; all the properties you see there, just $200 more expensive. :lol Good for them in the end though I guess, because they hit their stride just when these big licenses were taking shape.

All that said - they need to stop shooting their mouths off before they can actually deliver.

Last edited:
I'd be fine -- check that, FANTASTIC -- if they made comic book figures based on the actual books. At least then they could reuse most of the bodies, focusing on just the heads and costumes. We'd also get more variety in characters, rather than 12 Iron Men per year.

If we don't see anything about this by the end of the year I'll start to believe the line is dead

Forget end of year. Try in a week or so. That was the last time we heard about the line. It did say coming soon or something. And we did see the Shaw figure with Batman and other stuff a year or so back in those behind the scenes images.

It's time now for Prometheus figures, announcement that they will make Prometheus 2 figures instead of the originals, or line cancellation. I'm tired of this announcement stuff that doesn't pan out and companies feel that they don't have to confirm anything as there is a small chance it still might happen. It's insulting.

I wish they would quit buying licenses that they don't deliver a single figure from. Was really looking forward to this line and we get absolutely nothing!

Why don't they just stick to The Avengers, Iron Man, Batman, Terminator, Alien and Predator because it seems these are the figures they want to continually release.

I still can't believe they did a TASM 2 Spidey figure and Electro when the movie didn't even do that well.

Lets not complain about Alien, Predator and Terminator, those are the classics, the ones HT started out on. Their original bread and butter before the superhero craze. Iron Man is the enemy. The license that has turned Hot Toys into a 'fancier' Hasbro.

I wish they would quit buying licenses that they don't deliver a single figure from. Was really looking forward to this line and we get absolutely nothing!

Why don't they just stick to The Avengers, Iron Man, Batman, Terminator, Alien and Predator because it seems these are the figures they want to continually release.

I still can't believe they did a TASM 2 Spidey figure and Electro when the movie didn't even do that well.

Its hard to understand HT sometimes, its like Sony asked them to do the figures... that movie was a no no

39875-Emma-Stone-no-no-no-no-no-gif-bGod.gif

Lets not complain about Alien, Predator and Terminator, those are the classics, the ones HT started out on. Their original bread and butter before the superhero craze. Iron Man is the enemy. The license that has turned Hot Toys into a 'fancier' Hasbro.
Wise words.. although I've heard them before somewhere.

with asmus doing a BAO(build an ork) with the LOTR line.
i wont be surprised with HT going full hasbro now.with a BAF(build a figure)

build a space jockey?lolz

:lol

So as of this morning Hot Toys have almost officially rolled out with everything announced over a year ago - including new items - to show at SDCC2014 EXCEPT Prometheus....disappointing. :(

So as of this morning Hot Toys have almost officially rolled out with everything announced over a year ago - including new items - to show at SDCC2014 EXCEPT Prometheus....disappointing. :(

I know, leaves hope that maybe they'll show Prometheus.

Everyone thought the Arkham Batman was never gonna be made.....but it is....so maybe Prometheus is up next. Just do Shaw and be done, the Prototype has been made and somewhat teased.

Sadly I don't think this will ever happen with HT, they still have the rest of the Iron Man armors to go first.

Back