Hot Toys- Product release announcement!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy are they dragging their feet on that Iron Monger. Hasn't it been like 2 years since the specs were released?

It s been the most speculative and longest gestation in Hot Toys history.Iron Man was revealed in the Summer of 2008,quickly followed by Marks 2 and 1 respectively,the latter revealed in September.Of course,everyone naturally assumed that Ironmonger would be right behind(one online store even going so far as to announce his pre-order for November) and then News went dead for a long time.Howard announced he wanted to make it but it was a job doing it to a price-point and fitting it into a schedule which was now featuring Iron Man 2,and in the interim a company called Bomber Toys showed a 1/6 Monger,and promptly vanished.Finally,the earliest prototype was shown at an Expo in December 2010 before Monger finally surfaced at Comic-Con last year with full specs released in September 2011.

About the only thing longer that has been gestating is the Aliens Queen. I remember Howard said it was a possibility back in '06 or '07.

He's big, but he's also way too small. This figure should be much bigger, unless Jeff Bridges had his legs amputated before getting in to Iron Monger. I seem to recall Iron Monger being more of a vehicle than a suit.

Yeah I actually thought it looked rather small considering the behometh I remembered from the film.

He's big, but he's also way too small. This figure should be much bigger, unless Jeff Bridges had his legs amputated before getting in to Iron Monger. I seem to recall Iron Monger being more of a vehicle than a suit.

I think fans should count themselves lucky they are even getting Monger.

He sits in there indian style.

Yeah, that's my take on it as well. something like the Zentradi battle pods from robotech.

Granted, the battle pods are ALOT bigger, but something similar.

reguld-rear.gif

It s been the most speculative and longest gestation in Hot Toys history.Iron Man was revealed in the Summer of 2008,quickly followed by Marks 2 and 1 respectively,the latter revealed in September.Of course,everyone naturally assumed that Ironmonger would be right behind(one online store even going so far as to announce his pre-order for November) and then News went dead for a long time.Howard announced he wanted to make it but it was a job doing it to a price-point and fitting it into a schedule which was now featuring Iron Man 2,and in the interim a company called Bomber Toys showed a 1/6 Monger,and promptly vanished.Finally,the earliest prototype was shown at an Expo in December 2010 before Monger finally surfaced at Comic-Con last year with full specs released in September 2011.

Not the longest that belongs to the

About the only thing longer that has been gestating is the Aliens Queen. I remember Howard said it was a possibility back in '06 or '07.

Beat me to it.

Yeah I actually thought it looked rather small considering the behometh I remembered from the film.

That is Stane's Lil' Monger.

I think fans should count themselves lucky they are even getting Monger.

Damn right. Why shouldn't Monger be smaller and Hulk too big? I mean, this is HT we're talking about. They have a track record to maintain.

Back