Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first real crush was on Bespin leia!
Something about Fisher in that outfit was stunning.
I do hope HT follow through with this.
It should be the next PO.

Even Ewok village potato sack dress?

:lol If they could get the hair right I would probably buy it. Would likely be tough for even HT to pull off. It would be my last choice of costumes though.

I would be happier if they charged an extra 30 bucks and tossed in a better Tantive gown with the Bespin figure.

My first real crush was on Bespin leia!
Something about Fisher in that outfit was stunning.
I do hope HT follow through with this.
It should be the next PO.

It may have gotten relatively little screentime, but it was seen quite a bit in promotional material.

In the days before VHS rentals and omnipresent cable airings, stuff like books, magazine coverage, and trading cards were all we had. Frequently, any shot used of her alone would be a greater than 50/50 chance she'd be in the BG. Any time you saw pics of her in the Hoth or Bespin escapes outfit, it was more than likely a group shot highlighting multiple characters.

Minutes on film may have been few, but overall eyeball impressions were huge.
That's why you could argue that this costume is as iconic as any she wore in any of the films.

Well this is pure speculation, however the toy companies tend to release similar figures at similar times. Not always, but sometimes. Maybe a HT or SS Leia Boushh is on the horizon. Personally I think it's just a matter of time. Especially if SS are doing their Jabba and Skiff Lando.

STAR-WARS-THE-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-FIGURE-Leia-Boushh-PhotoReal-1-768x945.jpg

STAR-WARS-THE-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-FIGURE-Leia-Boushh-PhotoReal-2-768x945.jpg

So I was thinking about the likelihood of this figure going up for preorder, and after scrutinizing Hot Toys Leia history, my confidence is waning:

ANH Leia - slow sales for the regular edition and then instantly sold out upon Fisher's death
Hoth Leia - still up for sale and doesn't look like it will sell out anytime soon
Endor Leia - displayed over a year ago and nothing; will probably never be released at this point
TLJ Leia - pure speculation that this figure will be on store shelves for years to come like all ST stuff
ESB Gown Leia - will this be another Endor circumstance? We'll see in the next 12 months
Ewok Village Leia, Slave Leia, Boushh Leia, Award Ceremony Leia, TFA Leia - TBD

I honestly don't believe Leia is a big seller in the line and that will have an impact on the release of this and other Leia versions. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Oh... and watch this figure go up for preorder right after I post this.

So I was thinking about the likelihood of this figure going up for preorder, and after scrutinizing Hot Toys Leia history, my confidence is waning:

ANH Leia - slow sales for the regular edition and then instantly sold out upon Fisher's death
Hoth Leia - still up for sale and doesn't look like it will sell out anytime soon
Endor Leia - displayed over a year ago and nothing; will probably never be released at this point
TLJ Leia - pure speculation that this figure will be on store shelves for years to come like all ST stuff
ESB Gown Leia - will this be another Endor circumstance? We'll see in the next 12 months
Ewok Village Leia, Slave Leia, Boushh Leia, Award Ceremony Leia, TFA Leia - TBD

I honestly don't believe Leia is a big seller in the line and that will have an impact on the release of this and other Leia versions. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Oh... and watch this figure go up for preorder right after I post this.
Nope, just that waste of time Black Panther stuff (gag)...my wife is happy that I'm borderline DONE with HT

Nope, just that waste of time Black Panther stuff (gag)...my wife is happy that I'm borderline DONE with HT

Yeah, I have a short list of a few more to get to round out my "must haves". But no doubt they'll bring out something new which I'll just have to have.....

Now a Boushh Leia with Han in Carbonite double pack would make an awesome DX. Or even a Boushh Leia + Slave Leia double pack. It won't happen but just imagine... :)

This isn’t Sideshow where they reveal one new figure and don’t put it up for pre-order. There was a bunch of new Hot Toys shown at SDCC and quite a few have actually been put up, but generally they reveal a new figure once every other week or so. I’d give it some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a great looking figure !!! Taiwan Expo

View attachment 423414
Totally agree, it become one I really want even though it's a complete bare bones figure. Hopefully that'll make it cheaper. But I've already got 5 figures on pre order, so if Hot Toys could wait 6/9 months before putting her up I'd be more than greatful.

And I never saw the appeal when people mentioned this as the version of Leia they wanted!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I will more than likely get it if it comes up for preorder, but I'm not dying for the figure. I know it'll be bare bones and with no Lando or Bespin Han making an appearance anytime soon, she will be pretty alone.

Need this one AND the Endor one....hope that hasn’t gone the ways of some other previews...

Back