Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep desertdragon all professional looking photos! My set is on its way from SS, gonna look wonderful with Endor Luke and the Speeder Bike.

Had to bump this exquisite gallery of shots....congrats on your first HT figure....you've certainly done it justice with these photos.

Thank you so much Stryker, and I'm completely humbled by everyone's kind comments... I'm just glad you guys like these photos, and it's my pleasure to make them and share them here :)

Yeah got to agree with everyones comments here. When you compare yours with some of the iPhone pics in here you'd swear it was a different figure !

You should consider starting your own thread maybe ?

I considered the Leia + Wicket set, but I decided that I would be totally happy with Leia by herself, and that is definitely the case for me... but I totally understand the popularity of the set, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them together... As for Leia being my first SW figure, she seemed like the best way to start out, and thanks to her, I have a fantastic first impression of the HT Star Wars line :) I do have the HT Mandalorian + Baby Yoda set preordered (because BABY YODA), and now I'm really looking forward to that...
With you really digging this one...you're gonna be over the moon with Mando. I haven't decided if I'm getting one yet, but I think I'd have to go with the Beskar armor deluxe like you. I just know there's gonna be five more versions of them...plus new Boba Fett. And so far, I've only stuck with OT stuff. So if I get into The Mandalorian, it's down another bottomless hole.

Yep, I'm circling that hole by pre-ordering Mando+Child (standard). So much for my OT only mantra this year. The kids have been re-watching the show and the Disney Gallery series really lit that spark.....dammit :)

Many including myself count Mandalorian as OT. So there's your justification.

Some have called this site a place full of enablers, I myself don't believe that at all :lol

Some have called this site a place full of enablers, I myself don't believe that at all :lol
unnamed.jpg

Hmmm....your logic makes sense to me

You are most definitely an enabler, you were trying to convince me to buy Spider-Man 2099 with some new pictures :lol

With you really digging this one...you're gonna be over the moon with Mando. I haven't decided if I'm getting one yet, but I think I'd have to go with the Beskar armor deluxe like you. I just know there's gonna be five more versions of them...plus new Boba Fett. And so far, I've only stuck with OT stuff. So if I get into The Mandalorian, it's down another bottomless hole.

As if I need another bottomless collecting hole to fall in to :p But if my inevitable HT Star Wars collection is even half as brilliant as Leia, I will happily accept my fate :)

I've thought about that for sure. Any sort of rational justification I can come up with that will allow me to buy the Mafex Mando and some of the Hot Toys Mando figures. it's not as if I don't already collect dozens of lines...of various kinds of stuff. So why not include The Mandalorian as OT lol. What's killing me right now is NECA. Besides Alpha Predator and Chapter 2 Pennywise....I'm jonesin' for Casey & Raph, Casey & Foot, Metalhead and Slash & Leatherhead. If I could at least get the Casey & Raph for freakin' $80 or less, I'd be supper happy. I just can't afford to pay $500 for $250 worth of figures.
As if I need another bottomless collecting hole to fall in to :p But if my inevitable HT Star Wars collection is even half as brilliant as Leia, I will happily accept my fate :)
It just sucks you can't buy some of the non brand new releases for anything remotely close to retail. Even though I've been hardcore in the game since the early 90's, I can't believe how expensive the bounty hunters (like Dengar) have become. Even recent ones I've thought again about buying like Endor Luke, HT deluxe R2, Grand Moff Tarkin are all out of my price range now. It took a lot of soul-searching (and financial wizardry), but I ended up flex pay pre-ordering the Sideshow Rancor. Considering I have all the other huge Sideshow Star Wars characters, I know I'd majorly regret it when it'll be going for $3,000 or something crazy.

Just got this set opened up and right out of the box having so much fun :clap

It's an almost spot on furry little fully posable Wicket and is a dream come true for my 1983 self! Also notable is that the tailoring of Leia's officer outfit is absolutely exquisite! A must have set unless you despise the Ewoks.

Yub Nub to you all!

Just got this set opened up and right out of the box having so much fun :clap

It's an almost spot on furry little fully posable Wicket and is a dream come true for my 1983 self! Also notable is that the tailoring of Leia's officer outfit is absolutely exquisite! A must have set unless you despise the Ewoks.

Yub Nub to you all!

How are the arms? Are you planning to swap Leia to a seamless body? I'm wondering how many people will do it. The sleeves aren't exactly "short sleeves" so they do cover the joints a little but you can see them very clearly in most pics.

It's odd because HT sometimes does seamless arms even where you can't see them fully and yet here where you can see the joints, they went with the hard non-seamless arms - may have been a cost-cutting choice.

How are the arms? Are you planning to swap Leia to a seamless body? I'm wondering how many people will do it. The sleeves aren't exactly "short sleeves" so they do cover the joints a little but you can see them very clearly in most pics.

It's odd because HT sometimes does seamless arms even where you can't see them fully and yet here where you can see the joints, they went with the hard non-seamless arms - may have been a cost-cutting choice.

I had planned on a likely body swap but the joints are surprisingly well concealed in a strategic museum pose. The sleeves cover most of the elbow joint and you can use the shadow of the sleeves to cover the rest. So I think I'll go with that to avoid the expense and potential hassle of swapping to a body that probably won't look as sleek in the finely tailored outfit. I haven't even put the Endor stuff on her yet.

Seriously love this set! Being able to put a Leia into an awesome action pose is great! And Wicket has great articulation :D

Me: I cannot wait until my family goes to bed tonight

Friend: watching sports?
Me : better
Friend: reading?
Me: better
Friend: looking at boobs
Me: slightly better

I?m opening my glorified Barbie doll and her teddy bear that cost almost $500 with tax and shipping,that I smuggled into the house and will hide amongst the others. I can?t wait.

Here?s a photo of the Endor trio I took last night:

29dd0b84be1509500dff1fb5ef4e217b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back