Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both were on Mos Eisley One Sixth Scale from different members there. Seem like customs Ewok characters, but I'm not an aficionado of the little fur balls. I really like the one with the old chopped up stormtrooper helmet on the left.

5499b3ddec911846c4ff2c2aebd21a95.jpg

b9b7a0e51e45c523f88bb84fad3e03b6.jpg

Interesting, thanks for posting. Seems like they are all repaints/redecos of HT Wicket figs.

I'm going in a little deeper than that - I'm extending a Wicket (taller, changing face) to make a Paploo for a speeder bike and using some extra Wicket hands to make a Logray (tan and white striped medicine man with bird skull on head) using a custom fur-suited small body and using the headdress, bag and staff from the Hasbro 12" fig. It's super tricky to do this stuff.:lol

I will likely make a fourth ewok that's the dark furred one with the skull on his head (using a few parts from the other hasbro 12" fig.)

I've just torn my Wicket apart - scary but interesting. I always love pulling these things apart.:lol

Interesting, thanks for posting. Seems like they are all repaints/redecos of HT Wicket figs.

I'm going in a little deeper than that - I'm extending a Wicket (taller, changing face) to make a Paploo for a speeder bike and using some extra Wicket hands to make a Logray (tan and white striped medicine man with bird skull on head) using a custom fur-suited small body and using the headdress, bag and staff from the Hasbro 12" fig. It's super tricky to do this stuff.:lol

I will likely make a fourth ewok that's the dark furred one with the skull on his head (using a few parts from the other hasbro 12" fig.)

I've just torn my Wicket apart - scary but interesting. I always love pulling these things apart.:lol

How is Wicket on the inside?

This is my two-pack Wicket out of the box with a bit of futzing, hanging out in the Endor battle display for now. I'll be doing quite a bit of work on this little Pomeranian-in-a-hood.:lol

0weG5K7.jpg

AT-ST driver is seriously awesome:clap

Hope to see your Ewoks in the near future. Very awesome project that is far too ambitious for me to attempt!

Got the 2-pack in today. Dig Leia more than I expected, though there seems to have been some gloss paint that made it onto her forehead. Anyone else have this issue? It's right above her right eyebrow.

No problem with the portrait here....

HT ENDOR LEIA-006.jpg

Like you, I'm enjoying the Leia more than I thought I would...

HT ENDOR LEIA-007.jpg

I think part of it is that I wasn't as "wow'd" by the Bespin gown version as I wanted to be. Don't get me wrong, I like it but...not a real stunner on display. Perhaps my view on that will improve if we ever get an HT Bespin Han to display with her...
This version has many more display possibilities and while the portrait is the third go-around, the paint apps are much improved.

And Wicket....

WICKET EWOK 002.jpg

Wow! After some of the comments and shots I've seen I had lowered my expectations a bit. And while he's not as stunning as that amazing custom fix a few pages back, he still looks really great in hand. The chest and face fur isn't as bright white as it has appeared in some pics. Yes, that spear is insanely long...I won't cut it but I may swap it out for the one from the classic Hasbro version.

This is a beautiful set...with everything that is included, there are a lot of posing and photo opportunities that await!

Great shots, JB. She looks great on the speeder. I'm with you on Bespin, this Leia felt a bit more exciting, and the outfit allows for quite a variety of posing. They really nailed the general outfit underneath. Will be tempting to display here like that.

One thing that's great about this set is it's two totally different types of figure, unlike say a stormtrooper set. And both are solidly executed.

Last time we really had this with OT Star Wars was ANH Han/Chewie I think -- I don't really count the Tarkin one since we all mostly had Vader by then.

Edit: I guess we just kinda had that with Jawa Gonk :lol but that set's a little less impressive.

Yes, the "General" outfit is really well-tailored. The only issue on it was the little strap holding the pistol holder broke...it was barely on there! Fixed with some velcro patches.

She does look great chatting it up with Ackbar...

HT ENDOR LEIA-008.jpg

I agree that we haven't seen a great set like this since the ANH Han and Chewie.
Sorry, but I look at the recent Jawa set as a subpar figure with a really great accessory(Gonk).

Yes, the "General" outfit is really well-tailored. The only issue on it was the little strap holding the pistol holder broke...it was barely on there! Fixed with some velcro patches.

She does look great chatting it up with Ackbar...

View attachment 494805

I agree that we haven't seen a great set like this since the ANH Han and Chewie.
Sorry, but I look at the recent Jawa set as a subpar figure with a really great accessory(Gonk).

This reused sculpt is not quite a bullseye likeness wise, but it does look quite good from that 3/4 angle (and love the Ackbar bust!.):clap

For some reason this reminds me of the SSC TOD Indy figure, but in reverse. The Indy likeness was much better with the hairpiece, not as great with the hat, whereas Leia to me has a stronger likeness with the hairpiece and less so with the helmet. Maybe the hair widens/rounds the head whereas the helmet makes the face look thinner.

One issue with the "two outfits" aspect to this figure is that Leia really only wears the non-poncho outfit in the briefing room scene and the at very end when she kisses Han, neither of which are all that memorable. Well the kiss is kinda memorable in an eww way due to the sister line, but Leia really doesn't do much in the briefing at all - just kinda sits there while Ackbar, Madine and Mothma take the lead.

Love the AT-ST driver! Need to source a Richard Marquand headsculpt[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AT-ST driver is seriously awesome:clap

Hope to see your Ewoks in the near future. Very awesome project that is far too ambitious for me to attempt!

Hey Tali what gloves did you use for your AT-ST driver?

Thanks guys - it's actually a Han in ATST driver disguise custom (hence the walkie talkie handset over his face) and the hands I think came from the Sideshow Toht (custom gauntlets,) but not 100% on that. Those thinner type of Imperial gloves are a massive pain to get looking just right.

Excellent pics JB!
Love the Leia on Speeder bike pic!!
Do you have Endor Luke to pose with her on the speeder?

As for Wicket,I think he turned out great.
Although not screen accurate, I think he looks awesome on the shelf.
I really,really hope HT make more Ewoks!!

For some reason this reminds me of the SSC TOD Indy figure, but in reverse. The Indy likeness was much better with the hairpiece, not as great with the hat, whereas Leia to me has a stronger likeness with the hairpiece and less so with the helmet. Maybe the hair widens/rounds the head whereas the helmet makes the face look thinner.

Trying to follow. They both look better with hair and worse with the hat/helmet, how is that a reverse situation?

I think the likeness is decent both ways. I'd say it's better than the Bespin Leia and almost want to say better than Hoth but that's just based on memory at this point.

Given that she has head and neck articulation, she's a good candidate for the speeder bike.

Nice mod, Pizza. Too afraid of ruining mine to try that though. What did you use on the fur?

I'll try that idea of posing Luke with Leia on the bike sometime...too windy outside today!

Also, fair warning to all...the helmet slides on really tight and the risk for scratching the hair paint is very high...ended up with a few scratches that I was able to touch up but i don't want to risk that again. Makes me wish HT had offered what Sideshow did with their release of Luke...a separate portrait with the helmet attached.

Having some fun with Wicket...he looks great with his new buddy Artoo...

WICKET EWOK 004.jpg

For others putting Wicket's "drum helmet" to better use, here's how it looks on the ANH-style Death star trooper (sorry for blurry and massive pics.) The first one I did is ESB style and I'll be making a final ROTJ style one to go with Wicket and Leia.

The helmet weathering actually doesn't jump out too much - from early pics I thought it might have been too "forest floor" grimy to work on a fairly clean DST fig, but it's really not too noticeable.

There are quite distinct DST differences between all three films (tunic style/length, type of boots, type of blaster, type of gloves, belt details, way the helmet attaches and is worn, shoulder emblems vs no emblems etc,) so I decided to make three... yeah, I know.:lol

0JcmV3H.jpg

HcR8qxM.jpg

Trying to follow. They both look better with hair and worse with the hat/helmet, how is that a reverse situation?

I think the likeness is decent both ways. I'd say it's better than the Bespin Leia and almost want to say better than Hoth but that's just based on memory at this point.

Given that she has head and neck articulation, she's a good candidate for the speeder bike.

Sorry, had a crossed wire there - yeah, both look better to me with the hair.:lol

To me Leia w/ helmet creates a contrast next to the cheeks that shows how thin the face is, vs the hairpiece seems to make the whole head (and therefore face) more rounded and improve the likeness.

And Jedibear yeah its weird that the helmet scratches the face/head - bad form on such an expensive release. You're paying for two looks but aren't really getting it.

I still think it's weird that HT made the Luke and Leia helmets so different in size as they aren't that way in the movie, but as davejames said, HT tends to undersize female heads a little so I guess the Luke sized helmet would have looked off.

Back