Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after gluing mine back together, it is finally done. Like others have said, the main thing to be very careful with when assembling this is the 2 rear hydraulic cylinders. That is the weakest part of the whole model. That being said, the rest of it is quite well built. Overall I am very pleased with the end result. .

Oh yeah. Drake is not there 'cause I haven't put him together yet :)

Here a couple pics for ya. I am no photographer, so please excuse the quality:

AllFigs.jpg

PLAlone1.jpg

Great pictures Stuntman Mike! I like your rack for your figures. Really cool. I hope to have a rack or some shelves for all my figurs once we move. I'll take your tips to heart, and those from Ill Jedi, when putting together my PL this coming week. :D

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay Gents, took forever to upload the pics and video.

All I have to say is this is one sick piece, Hot Toys has truly outdone themselves. Once again their attention to detail is amazing and the sheer size of it will leave you in awe, it is another engineering marvel on par with the Endoskeleton. I love it and it was totally worth the wait!! Here a few pics followed by a short video.

Nice suitcase style package...

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

For scale...

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

What the Aliens Warrior thinks of Ripley and her Power Loader. :D

DSC01071.jpg

Video...

That is tits!!! I mean, that is big fat Oprah tits, right there!!:monkey5 Man, i gotta sell my Lurtz PF and get this thing:D And great vid, dude:rock Looks like Illuvision is giving Pituvision some competition.

Up to you bro, for some reason im not compelled to by this

All I'm saying is from were I'm standing,the only cool PF that I found to have as much detail or more than these HT figure's is Greivous and maybe Lurtz,but lurtz had these huge hands and feet which kind of made him look funny,and the PFs are'nt a very good investment not even the exlusive versions,to me atleast.

I've also found that if you want a huge statue with some great detail that's also going to be a good investment then maquette's are a way better option, but obviously more expensive.

Ill: Loved the video! As you mentioned, it did sound pretty noisy with the light working, but is the noise caused by a sound chip, or is it due to the motor that operates the light? Just wondering if there might be some way to kill the noise, but still have the light work. It sounded like a motor whirring to me, but could you confirm that? Much obliged!:D:cool:

AWESOME!!!!! TOTALLY TITS!! THANks for the video Ill. :rock
THanks Rory, since I can't take pictures anywhere near as nice as some guys on here, I thought I'd make a video of this masterpiece!

That is tits!!! I mean, that is big fat Oprah tits, right there!!:monkey5 Man, i gotta sell my Lurtz PF and get this thing:D And great vid, dude:rock Looks like Illuvision is giving Pituvision some competition.
Thanks bro, not trying to compete with Pituvision, just felt this one needed a video 'cause of it's sheer awesomeness!! :rock

Last edited:
Ill: Loved the video! As you mentioned, it did sound pretty noisy with the light working, but is the noise caused by a sound chip, or is it due to the motor that operates the light? Just wondering if there might be some way to kill the noise, but still have the light work. It sounded like a motor whirring to me, but could you confirm that? Much obliged!:D:cool:
Thanks Mudshark! The noise itself is caused by the motor that rotates the light on top. If anyone can figure out how to quiet this, I'd like to know!

Looks great Ill! Love the video bro. Makes me very envious of you.... :D

Nice pics everyone, glad to see this thing getting some major love around here.

Thanks Mudshark! The noise itself is caused by the motor that rotates the light on top. If anyone can figure out how to quiet this, I'd like to know!

I second that!!

I love the piece but that noise sure makes it feel toyish.
I would be willing to sacrifice the rotating light for just a non moving orange light and cage light.

I wasn't expecting it to be so damn noisy. I guess I'll have to leave the lights on this thing off most of the time.

For those that ordered through Alter Ego, they're expecting their shipment to arrive in the middle of next week.

Ill: Thanks for the info! I guess some people aren't gonna mind the noise, but it would be nice to be able to run silent if so desired. There was also a discussion on the now-retired "Alien/Aliens" thread Wor-Gar started about adding cage lights. Once everyone gets theirs and has time to check it out thoroughly, there may be other things to do to it that can make the loader even more badass than it already is.

No doubt Hurricane could come up with a solution for the noisy dome light issue. There doesn't seem to be anything he can't fix or improve with his modifications. When mine arrives, I plan to ask him about it, that is, unless somebody else beats me to it... :D

Thanks Ill for the great video and to you and everyone else who mentioned the tips on what to look out for when putting the PL together. :monkey5

I am beginning to get utterly convinced that Hot Toys' final piece for the ALIENS line will indeed be the ALIEN QUEEN...unless they re-release some of the Marines. Hot Toys really has pulled out ALL the stops for everything they put out and they seem to welcome ANY figure challenge proving that they can make anything!

They could also re-release the ALIENS Queen as the AVP Queen with some remodeling to the head mold, back spikes, feet and maybe any other parts.

Hey Ill, is this thing difficult to disassemble? Does it go back in the box and pull apart easily without problems? Not that I want to eve put mine away when I get it but I still would like to know. :monkey5

Looks great Ill! Love the video bro. Makes me very envious of you.... :D
Thanks bro!! But without my friend Flexpay I probably wouldn't have this either! :D

No doubt Hurricane could come up with a solution for the noisy dome light issue. There doesn't seem to be anything he can't fix or improve with his modifications. When mine arrives, I plan to ask him about it, that is, unless somebody else beats me to it... :D
Hurricane is the MAN, I have no doubt that he will find some ways to enhance this awesome piece. :rock

Thanks Ill for the great video and to you and everyone else who mentioned the tips on what to look out for when putting the PL together.
No problem man, I'd hate for anyone to be putting this together and end up breaking it, that would suck!

Back