Hot Toys POWER LOADER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar, I tried some of the tips you gave me, I tried cleaning the contacts too, something definitely just messed up for good in the rotating mechanism, so back in the box and back to Sideshow it goes. Thanks again for all your help though, I appreciate it.

Wookilar8 - Somebody definitely owes you a refund if you've already been charged for the shipping cost. I didn't check the weight, but BigBadToyStore shipped mine to CA via UPS for only $16.39.

Mine and WG's arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow will be my Christmas. :D

Ripley Harness ready: check
Ripley Les repainted head ready to swap: check
Silver Sharpie: check (although I may opt not to use it)
PL in Cali: check
Dream come true since I was a kid: check

Vid idea: check: Clue -- "Not bad for a human"

Last edited:
Enjoy Paul, I wish you and Wor-Gar the best of luck having a safe arrival for your Power Loaders, and hope they're in mint shape.

I heard back from Sideshow about my PL today, wheels have started in motion to get me taken care of, so hopefully we can get things resolved and maybe by Christmas I'll have a functioning PL.

I had Adam @ DSC check mine for flaws prior to shipping, should be fine.

Final price: $217.50 Shipped. Can't beat that. They had a $5 special ship rate for Pre Orders on this piece. DSC Rocks!:D

Wookilar8, mine finally shipped from Alter Ego, and the UPS email says it weighs 12 pounds and the Shipping cost was only $24.99 to Kansas City Missouri.
If you were charged more because of the weight, I'd definitely call them to sort it out.

Mine will arrive Wednesday! :banana

That's cool service. I stick with Sideshow because I'm familiar with their service, I'm hesitant to use online retailers I'm not totally familiar with and don't have much word from others to defend. I've used Toys2 because so many people swear by them and I've had great dealings with them, but they're usual equal or maybe a little pricier than Sideshow is so I tend to go to them for figures that Sideshow doesn't seem to offer or that I want much sooner.

I'm very familiar with Adam and Adam Stinson absof'n-lutely rocks. DSC is a SSC dealer... so he deals with them... instead of me. :lol

I have to keep that in mind, thanks Paul. I think i've looked there a few times but anything I wanted was sold out.

Sorry guys...but who is DSC? :confused: They sound cool to me. Can someone post a link to their website here for me? I'd like to check them out. Thanks! :D

I hate seeing all this strife with the PLs. Hope you get them resolved guys. This is too cool an item not to. Keep us posted as to your progress on getting them back intact. I was really looking forward to those photos MF.

And to think, Pjam and WorGar are soon! That will be one interesting day of posts I'll bet! :D

I hate seeing all this strife with the PLs. Hope you get them resolved guys. This is too cool an item not to. Keep us posted as to your progress on getting them back intact. I was really looking forward to those photos MF.

And to think, Pjam and WorGar are soon! That will be one interesting day of posts I'll bet! :D

Thanks Les, I'm really looking forward to taking them. Hopefully won't be too long. Somewhat fortunate, I had it all together before finding it had problems, so I was aware of how nicely done it was. I was really blown away by the weathering, didn't look like a toy at all.

Wor-Gar's and mine traveled on the same Truck from Texas to Cali. LOL.

Weight: 12.00 lbs
Signed by: Me Tomorrow! :cool:

Package Process
Date Time Location Activity
Nov 26, 2007 10:30 PM LOS ANGELES, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
10:04 PM VERNON, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Last edited:
Wookilar8, mine finally shipped from Alter Ego, and the UPS email says it weighs 12 pounds and the Shipping cost was only $24.99 to Kansas City Missouri.
If you were charged more because of the weight, I'd definitely call them to sort it out.

Mine will arrive Wednesday! :banana

Thanks, I received mine today and sure enough the box is marked 45lbs. I was charged only $16.00 to ship, so I don't understand.

Oh well, all is good and it looks awesome. I'm sure Wednesday can't come soon enough for you.

GOT THE POWERLOADER LAST NIGHT!!!!!

amazing!! it is HUGE!!!!!

still need to play around with it to get the best pose - it's hard to find a good position where ripley's hands can grab the PLs arms.

GOT THE POWERLOADER LAST NIGHT!!!!!

amazing!! it is HUGE!!!!!

still need to play around with it to get the best pose - it's hard to find a good position where ripley's hands can grab the PLs arms.

Congrats Reiny! Awesome news Bro! It'll look great in that amazing display room of yours...

We need new pics from you, Dude. PL, Marines with lamps!

Do it. Do it NOW! :lol :D

Congrats Reiny! Awesome news Bro! It'll look great in that amazing display room of yours...

We need new pics from you, Dude. PL, Marines with lamps!

Do it. Do it NOW! :lol :D

Thanks bro. yes, pics! my hudson should be complete this week, and then i will take a boatload of pics of my marines with lamps!!! soon, very soon!!!

Back