Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure why they're using the animated style armor on this and Windu when literally all of the other Jedi and Clones that have armor, have real looking armor. Very odd choice.

It is honestly incredibly odd. They have all the parts they need but they made new ones.

Gentle Giant used the realistic Clone armor for the Premier Collection statue.

The armor on the figure still looks great and it’s not a dealbreaker by any means. That said, if they release any Clones with full animated armor that doesn’t match their previous Clones, I’ll be very unhappy. :lol

8F3647BE-F9B6-49D5-A7D2-E2B0BC2CCF6D.jpeg

E31649C0-28E5-464F-B0DD-555D304E29A1.jpeg

^^^^I wish they had - I'd have ordered that! ^^^^

Ah, I see more pics have been added. That odd open dry-mouth expression and those creepy eyes are kinda throwing the whole thing off.
And how is he getting his head through the little hole on the bottom of that helmet?

Okay, I kid. It's still a pass for me but I can see some good CW shots coming once it's out with CW Anakin and CW Ashoka. Have fun, folks!

It's not the same sculpt; the nasolabial folds are deeper, the moustache is resculpted through the philtrum with longer more aggressive lines through the rest of the moustache, the beard is sharper and sculpted with longer strands, there's a better delineation between moustache and beard, his iconic forehead mole is present, wrinkles are lessened to deage him, his eyebrows are not as sharply peaked, his upper eyelids are seemingly less hooded, and his nose is a little longer and more sharply defined, among a few other tweeks.

I'm not saying that this may have not started as the show sculpt, but this wasn't just a canned change-the
-hair-reuse sculpt. And I think it works. The eyes look a little odd up close, but on the shelf at viewing distance, if they can maintain it, it'll look fine.

if they release any Clones with full animated armor that doesn’t match their previous Clones, I’ll be very unhappy. :lol
You and me both. Between Rex/Jesse/Hunter/Echo/501st/Coruscant Guard, I'm in too deep with Clones already to start mixing and matching. If they release a Clone with the animated armor, it'd have to be a pass. So they better not do it lol

It is honestly incredibly odd. They have all the parts they need but they made new ones.

Gentle Giant used the realistic Clone armor for the Premier Collection statue.

The armor on the figure still looks great and it’s not a dealbreaker by any means. That said, if they release any Clones with full animated armor that doesn’t match their previous Clones, I’ll be very unhappy. :lol

View attachment 616547
View attachment 616548
Have they released the armor for any character so far that isn't a clone? Curious to where you sourced your pieces for Obi-Wan if they only released it for clones.

It is bizarre choice from Hot Toys but that shouldn't be surprising at this point. :rolleyes2

Last edited:
This is the tiniest niptick but I'd like for the nameplate to be General Kenobi (same for Anakin's).
Regardless of that it was worth the wait. I was about to sell my CW Anakin lol

Ps. And also like Anakin I really really dont like the lack of the comlink in the forearm armor u.u

Last edited:
Have they released the armor for any character so far that isn't a clone? Curious to where you sourced your pieces for Obi-Wan if they only released it for clone so far.

It is bizarre choice from Hot Toys but that shouldn't be surprising at this point. :rolleyes2

Just Mace Windu and Obi-Wan. Hope they keep it to only Jedi.

I picked out all Hot Toys Clone parts (primarily 501st and Vaughn) to make a realistic TCW Obi-Wan.

At least I can still use those parts if I decide I want to modify this figure though there’s always a use for Clone parts regardless.

this is crazy! hot toys has kept the hype consistently high lately with a lot of consecutive great pre-orders and final product releases. they have great momentum right now, I hope they keep it up.

i had no intention of getting this figure, was happy to build my display around anakin / ahsoka / 501st which ive always been more into. he looks so damn sick though it’ll be tough to resist. really happy for everyone who’s been waiting on this for so long. looks incredible.

Will people bash AOTC Kenobi out of this... or just wait for that one to drop by year's end?
see that’s the only thing holding me up with this figure. that’s the version ive wanted in the back of my mind (mainly to pair with jango, also have AOTC anakin and padme on order)…

but this just looks too badass. on top of the obvious pairings like CW anakin etc, he would be sick with cad bane too…
68A4043D-06EC-44DB-9B6A-C3DA79B27885.jpeg

Have they released the armor for any character so far that isn't a clone? Curious to where you sourced your pieces for Obi-Wan if they only released it for clone so far.

I'm sorry but I fail to the difference between real and animated. I think is the knee pads(?)

Back