Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

I wouldn't mind if they just ditched it all together and just gave us two heads with different expressions. It's a cool gimmick, but it's just something else to worry about potential breakage with.

Absolutely. I'd much prefer this to PERS. PERS was kinda cool the first time I played around with it, but I've never found it to be essential. I'd much prefer two great old-fashioned head sculpts.

Sadly, they seem kind of married to it at this point, though. :monkey2

I did some thinking on this, agree that if PERS went away it'd be for the better. As I mentioned earlier I had to replace my Joker head cause PERS broke, and I ended up replacing it. The new head's eyes are a hair off and while it still looks good I'm afraid to futz with it for fear of breaking it again.

I did some thinking on this, agree that if PERS went away it'd be for the better. As I mentioned earlier I had to replace my Joker head cause PERS broke, and I ended up replacing it. The new head's eyes are a hair off and while it still looks good I'm afraid to futz with it for fear of breaking it again.

But come one that was there first dx:dunno, if it's going to be dodgy in any figure it's going to be the one that first featured the mechanism.

I believe there perfecting it with each dx figure.

But come one that was there first dx:dunno, if it's going to be dodgy in any figure it's going to be the one that first featured the mechanism.

I believe there perfecting it with each dx figure.

They certainly could be, but they have perfected painted eyes and I don't have to worry about those breaking, with that said, I do realize that PERS works really well on The Joker for posing, it's the fragility that I can do without. And with some people getting the occasional broken ankle in Spiderman, PERS will at least always be delicate.

They certainly could be, but they have perfected painted eyes and I don't have to worry about those breaking, with that said, I do realize that PERS works really well on The Joker for posing, it's the fragility that I can do without. And with some people getting the occasional broken ankle in Spiderman, PERS will at least always be delicate.

I understand your concern but if you love painted eyes so much then you should have no problem leaving the pers eyes in one position and leaving them alone..you won't break them if you don't play round with them ..now it would be a different story if they came broken in the box.

I understand your concern but if you love painted eyes so much then you should have no problem leaving the pers eyes in one position and leaving them alone..you won't break them if you don't play round with them ..now it would be a different story if they came broken in the box.

PERS is cool, it can help with poses. breaking is not cool, and HT CS sucks. i dont understand how you can defend a function that was flawed. yes they might have perfected it in upcoming releases, but are you willing to test it out on a toy that costs 240 at retail?

but are you willing to test it out on a toy that costs 240 at retail?

Yes ..i put it in the position i like carefully and then i leave it alone:dunno, i'm actually more concerned about the potential deterioration of rubber bodied figures then breaking pers.

Yes ..i put it in the position i like carefully and then i leave it alone:dunno, i'm actually more concerned about the potential deterioration of rubber bodied figures then breaking pers.

I don't like either. And in Joker's case, the PERS wasn't hidden all that well either.

well ive had both, and im concerned about both...and with PERS there is the chance you will receive a slightly cross eyes fig out of the box :dunno what you do then...again I understand where they are coming from since EB has done it and they want to innovate, but me, personally after giving it thought, could do without it.

Wait. So is enterbay making a joker figure? I didn't know that. Any pics released on it?

You could end up with a figure that has slightly uneven eyes even without PERS anyway.

HT seems to have this problem where the mass produced goods tend to have too much white under the iris every now and then, making the figure looks like it's got its eyes rolled back.

Here comes Tomm wog again!

This card is from the DX isn't it? Will the pics be online soon?

300459_10150271180467113_638462112_7527589_2238853_n.jpg

I hope he comes with one of those pooches from the final fight. That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back