1/6 Hot Toys: New DX Joker variations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DX Joker would you be interested in seeing?

• Jack Napier

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Reveal Joker (1st Appearance)

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Mob/ joybuzzer Joker

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Partyman/Museum Joker

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Smylex Commercial Joker

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Casual Joker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axis Lair Joker

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Gangster Broadcast Joker

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bought it a little below retail, which I'm happy with.

Yeah, that's great

While I'm not too fond of the Mime look in the film personally, the figure is a great museum style display once he's in the right pose. He does have a better headsculpt, paint and tailored clothes than the DX 08, I just wish there was more to him than black and white, a hat and a pen.

Joker is all about his appearance and gags, that's one of the reason I like the DX 11 with all the knives and interrogation stuff. One, last, "pièce de résistancelast" Nicholson Joker following a similar set up like DX 11 would be acceptable in my book. Give him the Museum look, a second melting face (ala DX 11 interrogation laughter head) and a bunch of misc. gear not pending on scene, like the Smylex commercial chair and sunglasses (ala the interrogation table), a cardboard beach background dio, a joy buzzer hand, whatever. Just a "fun" Joker packed with gimmicks, nothing too scene specific.

That last pic is from the 'Vicky's Apartment' scene though isn't it?

No hat in that one.. :monkey3

..& yeah - the melty face would be a great alternate head to own.

While I'm not too fond of the Mime look in the film personally, the figure is a great museum style display once he's in the right pose.

I agree. I never would have thought I would have bought a Mime Joker, but I just couldn't resist once I saw all those fantastic pictures and poses. The monochromatic style -- with just the red lips and green hair piercing through -- give him such a stark, shocking shelf presence.

It's the kind of figure that you can actually have displayed in the living room... and it really does put a smile on people's faces.

Yeah, that's great

While I'm not too fond of the Mime look in the film personally, the figure is a great museum style display once he's in the right pose. He does have a better headsculpt, paint and tailored clothes than the DX 08, I just wish there was more to him than black and white, a hat and a pen.

Joker is all about his appearance and gags, that's one of the reason I like the DX 11 with all the knives and interrogation stuff. One, last, "pièce de résistancelast" Nicholson Joker following a similar set up like DX 11 would be acceptable in my book. Give him the Museum look, a second melting face (ala DX 11 interrogation laughter head) and a bunch of misc. gear not pending on scene, like the Smylex commercial chair and sunglasses (ala the interrogation table), a cardboard beach background dio, a joy buzzer hand, whatever. Just a "fun" Joker packed with gimmicks, nothing too scene specific.

Well, I'm going to give him a mean looking knife because I always "customize" my figures to some degree so they'll fit whatever narrative I have for them in my head when I'm posing them. To me Mime Joker is an older Joker who killed Batman decades ago, spent a lot of time despondently wondering what he should do next with his life, considered killing himself, and finally ended up becoming less whimsical and more deadly. Now he dresses as a Mime to fit his new black and white, completely nihilistic worldview and he stalks and kills random people, silently. No more jokes, no more joybuzzers. Batman's dead so there's no one left to talk to--so he doesn't talk anymore.

Party Man with flesh and melty flesh paint head sculpts + Museum backdrop. But I would still feel like it's incomplete without a Vicky (which they'll never do).

I vote for the Reveal Joker ... with a 'wait'll they get a load of me' sculpt. No hat hair, no smile ...

joker.jpg

I skipped the first release, but I'd consider that one. They could combine that with the fleshtone mob-meeting Joker.

SnakeDoc

I vote for the Reveal Joker ... with a 'wait'll they get a load of me' sculpt. No hat hair, no smile ...

View attachment 121818

I skipped the first release, but I'd consider that one. They could combine that with the fleshtone mob-meeting Joker.

SnakeDoc

I think if they combine the Reveal Joker with another version, it will be the regular Jack Nicholson version, because he was wearing the same outfit before he fell in the chemicals.

I think if they combine the Reveal Joker with another version, it will be the regular Jack Nicholson version, because he was wearing the same outfit before he fell in the chemicals.

Maybe so. Honestly can't tell what he's wearing from the pictures I found. Just a floating head.

SnakeDoc

The cool thing about the reveal one would be the burned/melted gloves with exposed fingers. It's be like their BD Termibator figures except with exposed white fingers and green nails.

Maybe so. Honestly can't tell what he's wearing from the pictures I found. Just a floating head.

SnakeDoc

Here is the costume Jack wore before the chemical dip/accident. It's another purple suit with a white shirt and gloves, and he wore a black coat with it.

After the accident, he keeps the coat, but the shirt turned orange because of the chemicals.

You can see the shirt was white before the chemical exposure.

So the "first appearance" Joker could come with a normal Jack Napier head sculpt before the dip (not the one from the photo though) :)

The more I think about it the reveal look is the one I'd want most. The acid stained trench coat and the melted gloves would be pretty cool.

Maybe throw in a regular Jack sculpt and an undamaged trench coat.

I wouldn't mind that purple pinstripe suit, the green silk shirt & the long green tie for some customizing options for a 'just chilln' at the crib' Joker.

Back