Speculation - Hot Toys Ms. Marvel - 1/6 Ms. Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shazam is obviously never coming out, that ship has long sailed. Maybe if there's a sequel but DC has definitely gotten the shaft in favor of Marvel.

LMAO, yes people steaming on YouTube are famously known for censoring their controversial opinions to themselves. The campaign is widely considered the best part of the game, I don?t know what scary planet you all are living on where you are just so triggered by race it must be so hard to get out of bed.

The costume looks great, can?t wait to add her to my shelf, big fan of the character. She will one day share a shelf with Spider-Gwen and Riri Williams, a dream trio I can?t believe we are actually getting.

The direction of the Marvel universe is becoming that scary planet. Bunch of boring wannabe C list heroes that want to lecture instead of just being a good comic movie/show. Enjoy the little girl/woke storylines that are incoming and I know some will. It was hard to get out of bed after the Falcon finale. I guess how Endgame Thor and Hulk turned out, it was just the beginning of failing beloved characters so that the fake ones can take their place. I hope they don't do my boy Dr. Strange that way.

Hot Toys will give us this before the real Capt.Marvel/Shazam.Mark my words.

It will because this will release before the Shazam sequel.

Shazam is obviously never coming out, that ship has long sailed. Maybe if there's a sequel but DC has definitely gotten the shaft in favor of Marvel.

The sequel is coming. DC release list is like less than half of each Marvel and SW.

LMAO, yes people steaming on YouTube are famously known for censoring their controversial opinions to themselves. The campaign is widely considered the best part of the game, I don?t know what scary planet you all are living on where you are just so triggered by race it must be so hard to get out of bed.

The costume looks great, can?t wait to add her to my shelf, big fan of the character. She will one day share a shelf with Spider-Gwen and Riri Williams, a dream trio I can?t believe we are actually getting.

Yes, the close-mindedness of some toward anything that doesn't feature an old-school comic character is rather disappointing. My daughter recommended Ms. Marvel to me not long after her debut and so far I've really enjoyed her run. The character development (for both her & others) has been excellent and the stories have been pretty entertaining. Sure it skews a bit young but that's not a bad thing. I've actually found it culturally enlightening as well, what with her being a Pakistani teenager going to a New Jersey public high school and balancing that with being raised in a traditional Muslim family. Her parents also don't know she's a superhero, so it's a bit reminiscent of BTVS in that respect.

The run by the original creative team was pretty good, I haven't read anything recent with her in it, but I am a fan of the character and am really looking forward to this figure and the series. Hope it's still on track for later this year.

And I gotta be honest, it's real disappointing seeing the attitude towards POC and women on this board.

The strangest thing to me is this mindset that every character is supposed to be for every person. The comics have never been that way, and the movies are going to increasingly be that way too. You simply might not be who the show is catering to, and that is...perhaps to some surprisingly....okay. It doesn't mean the MCU is failing, it doesn't mean that there's some agenda out to get you, specifically you; it means they're expanding a series further to resonate with more people. And that's not even to say that every move the franchise does or executes is perfect, far from it. But there is someone, somewhere, who does think it was that good. And there are a bunch of people who put their heart and soul into that vision. That doesn't make it free of critique, but it does take a modicum of introspection to see if you were who this was for.

And guess what. That's okay. We'll all be okay. Your series will be okay.

Everytime something MCU comes out there's a bunch of folks that are the harbingers of doom who chant "the end is nigh" because what came out didn't tickle them. They keep on going and going and going after saying their piece. It just lives rent free in their heads; it's the same with Star Wars. For a while I thought the MCU was better than that, but it's started to rear it's head more frequently.

I genuinely think the MCU has more in common with Star Wars than any other property at it's core; it's going to largely be immortal at this point. It may slow down, speed up, hibernate...but what's started can't be stopped anymore. Which is kinda amazing to experience not just one franchise like that, but two.

But for the love of all things good, I hope Iman Vellani has a spectacular outing with this show regardless of how good it is. I hope that she's a symbol and an inspiration to someone; that some kid has her poster on the wall and says if she can, I can. I hope that that the immature ****wads of the world don't Jake Lloyd her for coming near their franchise. I don't know a lot about Kamala Khan, but I do know her beliefs play a role in her story...and I know that's going to draw a lot of flack from a very vocal group of people. I just hope that Iman Vellani rises above it.

Nobody wants to be preached at or lectured by woke writers masquerading as their favorite comic hero’s or Jedi knights. Which is what Marvel, Disney and Lucasfilm are actively engaged in. Fans are drawn to the escapism of these universes not to be reminded of the conflict and imperfections in their own.

[...]I don't know a lot about Kamala Khan, but I do know her beliefs play a role in her story...and I know that's going to draw a lot of flack from a very vocal group of people. I just hope that Iman Vellani rises above it.

Yeah, that's gonna cause a few meltdowns.

I feel like it's more incendiary (needlessly so) now than it would have been a few years ago, in spite of global politics, because everything feels more polarized now.

The strangest thing to me is this mindset that every character is supposed to be for every person. The comics have never been that way, and the movies are going to increasingly be that way too. You simply might not be who the show is catering to, and that is...perhaps to some surprisingly....okay. It doesn't mean the MCU is failing, it doesn't mean that there's some agenda out to get you, specifically you; it means they're expanding a series further to resonate with more people. And that's not even to say that every move the franchise does or executes is perfect, far from it. But there is someone, somewhere, who does think it was that good. And there are a bunch of people who put their heart and soul into that vision. That doesn't make it free of critique, but it does take a modicum of introspection to see if you were who this was for.

And guess what. That's okay. We'll all be okay. Your series will be okay.
:exactly:

Most all of entertainment in the US has been catering to a very particular demographic for so long that it feels normal. It's expected.
So as soon as something seems like it's about, or seems aimed at, anybody else, a vocal few are like "wtf with all this pandering?!?"

But for the love of all things good, I hope Iman Vellani has a spectacular outing with this show regardless of how good it is. I hope that she's a symbol and an inspiration to someone; that some kid has her poster on the wall and says if she can, I can. I hope that that the immature ****wads of the world don't Jake Lloyd her for coming near their franchise. I don't know a lot about Kamala Khan, but I do know her beliefs play a role in her story...and I know that's going to draw a lot of flack from a very vocal group of people. I just hope that Iman Vellani rises above it.

All this. I'm not a teenage Muslim Pakistani-American girl growing up in Jersey City, and yet? I loved the comic, and looking forward to see the show.

We live in amazing times. There is more superhero content than ever before and there wil be plenty of room for everybody.

I look forward to Everett K. Ross taking over the Black Panther role.

The run by the original creative team was pretty good, I haven't read anything recent with her in it, but I am a fan of the character and am really looking forward to this figure and the series. Hope it's still on track for later this year.

And I gotta be honest, it's real disappointing seeing the attitude towards POC and women on this board.

I disagree. There are many good characters that are widely accepted on here. A long list. But it is the ones that are forced for gender/color/send a social message. Those will be called out cause it is so obviously eye rolling. See Rose/Isaiah/purple hair/SM HC Mary Jane but don't call her Mary Jane/Brie Larson for being cardboard(great in Scott Pilgrim)/D'Arcy is really there for no reason. Rose might be the worst character that has ever appeared on film.

Whether you like it or not, all these C level characters just take over established heroes abilities and monikers. Back story is fine for it to be unique, no one questions that. Why can't they have different names and abilities?

Maybe some people shouldn't be more sensitive to poc/women character criticism than others. I will destroy the Mandarin character like there is no tomorrow. You can blast that for him being white instead of the supposed to be Chinese character that they remedied in Shang Chi. I don't see that being questioned.

Nobody wants to be preached at or lectured by woke writers masquerading as their favorite comic hero’s or Jedi knights. Which is what Marvel, Disney and Lucasfilm are actively engaged in. Fans are drawn to the escapism of these universes not to be reminded of the conflict and imperfections in their own.

Yeah I can't imagine the idea of Marvel stories engaging in politics. Like, the idea of the X-Men tackling discrimination blows my mind.

Because the MCU is a much, much more popular franchise than the DCEU. I don't know how this is even a discussion. I loved Shazam but it was not a huge hit by any measure.

Because the MCU is a much, much more popular franchise than the DCEU. I don't know how this is even a discussion. I loved Shazam but it was not a huge hit by any measure.
There's one measure: Box office returns. It earned seventeen times its 62 million dollar budget, and by rate-of-return is the most profitable comic book movie ever made. That doesn't make it as popular as most of the MCU movies or something that got on Howard Chan's radar and stayed there, but still...

There's one measure: Box office returns. It earned seventeen times its 62 million dollar budget, and by rate-of-return is the most profitable comic book movie ever made. That doesn't make it as popular as most of the MCU movies or something that got on Howard Chan's radar and stayed there, but still...

Are you talking about Shazam? Cause that movie definitely didn't earn 17 times its budget. Joker was the movie that earned 17 times its budget.

Are you talking about Shazam? Cause that movie definitely didn't earn 17 times its budget. Joker was the movie that earned 17 times its budget.

I didn’t see Shazam, but I did see Joker and thought it was fantastic!!! It is easy to believe that its box office returns would greatly surpass its budget.

:gah:

Yes, the close-mindedness of some toward anything that doesn't feature an old-school comic character is rather disappointing. My daughter recommended Ms. Marvel to me not long after her debut and so far I've really enjoyed her run. The character development (for both her & others) has been excellent and the stories have been pretty entertaining. Sure it skews a bit young but that's not a bad thing. I've actually found it culturally enlightening as well, what with her being a Pakistani teenager going to a New Jersey public high school and balancing that with being raised in a traditional Muslim family. Her parents also don't know she's a superhero, so it's a bit reminiscent of BTVS in that respect.

I agree wholeheartedly! :goodpost:

So just saw these photos online.

Gotta say, no interest in the show, but I do think that costume is on point! Very comic-accurate!

Agreed! I'd like to see how Hot Toys can make a figure with her abilities. Lots of arm accessories - would probably be more expensive of a figure than people think. Maybe that would be a deluxe version?

Neither was Lone Ranger, Christopher Robin or Hellboy but they managed to make figures from those movies!

Back