Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the part I don't really understand about the Mandarin...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Because of that, I thought that the Mandarin twist was done very poorly, and have a feeling that it may have been something added later on while they were in e filming process maybe..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm getting it because I like the design, I love Ben Kingsley and I'm getting it for the lols. I hated the twist so much, but they got me good, and I feel I should congratulate them instead of being pissed. The scene was funny, and I do crack up a lot when I think about it.:lol

Well played Marvel...well played :lol

They'll have at least 3 orders then :lol

I'm still having a hard time believing they actually did what they did. Build up the Mandarin to be the big bad guy, completely ignoring Killian in the trailers and posters, etc and then do that! :lol

I'm guessing he'll be MMS 199 then. I bet people would be super pissed if they wasted the milestone 200th slot on him :lol

They'll have at least 3 orders then :lol

I'm still having a hard time believing they actually did what they did. Build up the Mandarin to be the big bad guy, completely ignoring Killian in the trailers and posters, etc and then do that! :lol

I'm guessing he'll be MMS 199 then. I bet people would be super pissed if they wasted the milestone 200th slot on him :lol

I think it would be great to make him 200. Perfectly in line with the tradition of the character :lol

I'm getting it because I like the design, I love Ben Kingsley and I'm getting it for the lols. I hated the twist so much, but they got me good, and I feel I should congratulate them instead of being pissed. The scene was funny, and I do crack up a lot when I think about it.:lol

:exactly: I'm not sure if i will pick this up or not. I was caught completely off guard but i enjoyed the scene also. i can't think of another scene in any other movie that surprised me as much as that one.

I still can't find myself being able to stomach this guy, though props to anyone who can (I actually enjoyed "Trevor" myself). :rotfl

Though I'll repeat myself, I would still love to see HT...
Spoiler Spoiler:

I still can't find myself being able to stomach this guy, though props to anyone who can (I actually enjoyed "Trevor" myself). :rotfl

Though I'll repeat myself, I would still love to see HT...
Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost::exactly:

I'm getting it because I like the design, I love Ben Kingsley and I'm getting it for the lols. I hated the twist so much, but they got me good,and I feel I should congratulate them instead of being pissed. The scene was funny, and I do crack up a lot when I think about it.:lol

I figure thats why people don't accept that scene :lol I kind of knew it was gonna happen.. and I spent a lot of time thinking how can they make Killian look good because I liked the character concept.

And I love Guy Pearce I have a huge crush on that guy :monkey4 thats why I liked so much that plot twist :lol

Killian is my second most wanted IM3 figure

Last edited:
Well, make that 4 then. :lol

I like the whole design of the figure and don't care how he was portrayed in the movie.

Exactly! I just love this look:

iron-man-3-mandarin-poster-kingsley-610x919.jpg

From the teaser, it looks like he is sitting down, so I have to assume the throne is coming with him. And hopefully he sunglasses are too and I can recreate this easily. Though a beer in his hand might be too awesome to pass up :lol

I'm just glad HT decided to make him before the movie. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have gotten him. Makes me worried about future bad guys though. They might not want to make future bad guys now until after they see the movie.

Last edited:
I like the character design and if HT does the costume up right like Loki's, which is equally ornate, they may have a good figure on their hands. As for the twist... I nevveerrrr saw it coommmiinnggg.

Exactly! I just love this look:

iron-man-3-mandarin-poster-kingsley-610x919.jpg

From the teaser, it looks like he is sitting down, so I have to assume the throne is coming with him. And hopefully he sunglasses are too and I can recreate this easily.

:exactly::goodpost: That's how I would like it to be displayed. I don't see why HT couldn't treat this release like The Godfather or the Sweeney Todd figures. By having a nice display base, backdrop and the throne.

Though a beer in his hand might be too awesome to pass up :lol

That would be sweet! :yess: :lol

I like the character design and if HT does the costume up right like Loki's, which is equally ornate, they may have a good figure on their hands. As for the twist... I nevveerrrr saw it coommmiinnggg.

Me neither man. It was a good twist.

Even with the twist...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back