1/6 Hot Toys - MMS541 - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this was a figure I was feeling somewhat tempted by beforehand, but after all the exciting new movie and TV series announcements yesterday it's just hard to care much anymore about a stealth outfit.

Was wondering why something was looking off with the mask/lens and after checking the actually suit, I can't unsee how wide eyed Hot Toys made them look on the figure.

maxresdefault-2019-08-21T162503.268.jpg

130892863_10157683487877344_7268421945349009451_o.jpg

Was wondering why something was looking off with the mask/lens and after checking the actually suit, I can't unsee how wide eyed Hot Toys made them look on the figure.

maxresdefault-2019-08-21T162503.268.jpg

130892863_10157683487877344_7268421945349009451_o.jpg

I didn't notice it at first until I saw people complaining about it in the comment's section on HT's insta...now I can't unsee it either! :thud:

Hi, I'm new here, May I ask why I can't post new threads? Do I need a higher post count? I read the rules but can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

:)

I don't see the need for them to have painted the eyes under the mask looking sideways. And the Molten Man base doesn't seem nearly large enough to warrant the high price.

Wow, so now that more review videos are finally out I gotta say this figure has ended up being one massive disappointment. I'm not even sure I will pick this up now given all the flaws / downgrades. I'm not even gonna factor in the Spidey lenses being too far apart, but there are so many other things I don't think I can overlook...

First off, the headsculpt. I get that it's plastic and even though it's plastic the prototype was able to mimic the fabric look much better than the actual final product which has lost most of the details and looks like straight up cheap plastic! :slap

spidey 1 compare.jpg
spidey 2 compare.jpg

Also the Tom Holland likeness seems to have been completely lost from proto to final product...that looks like it could legit be any generic kid underneath the mask!

spidey 3 compare.jpg

Now the most egregious of all offenses has to be the glaring downgrade in terms of the suit design. The original prototype was able to successfully replicate the look of all those separate panels which gave the suit a sense of depth and dimension. Unfortunately HT cheaped out on the final product and decided to have mostly all the panels and armor panels printed ON the suit. The end result is a flat, cheap looking final product...ugh! :thud:

spidey 5 compare.jpg

Look at the prototype, look at how the suit shows off all the various panels of the separate armor...all that depth and texture, now compare that to the final product which is just FLAT!!!

spidey 6 compare.jpg
spidey 7 compare.jpg

This image below is FALSE ADVERTISING!

spider-man-stealth-suit__gallery_5d0d2fde9b58b.jpg

Sadly, I don't think I can justify this purchase anymore. With that being said, I just wanna give a big F U to HT for cheapening out and giving us a Boseman downgrade situation again!

Bait and switch at its finest people!!! :gah:

Wow, so now that more review videos are finally out I gotta say this figure has ended up being one massive disappointment. I'm not even sure I will pick this up now given all the flaws / downgrades. I'm not even gonna factor in the Spidey lenses being too far apart, but there are so many other things I don't think I can overlook...[...]

There are times I think you're too unforgiving of HT, but this...is not one of those times.

Massive downgrade in terms of execution and materials. It's a very cheeky move that deserves all the ridicule and none of the money.

Wish they weren't so married to this plastic texture fabric lately, this could have been a great opportunity to use the bulk and proper cloth fabric to have a really flexible and articulated Spider-Man suit for once

Wow. I had noticed the terrible soft headsculpt and the eyes basically on the side of his head but that suit is unforgivable. Glad I didn?t put an NRD down on this.

There are times I think you're too unforgiving of HT, but this...is not one of those times.

Massive downgrade in terms of execution and materials. It's a very cheeky move that deserves all the ridicule and none of the money.

Glad we're on the same page then. The final product sadly looks like what a knockoff company would put out versus the premium brand name HT. It boggles the mind when they release a final product that is inferior to the prototype! :gah:

This has definitely got to go as contender for one of Hot Toys worst.

100% agree. If this was a figure put out by any other company I would say it's quite awesome...but since this is Hot Toys we're talking about and since they demonstrated from their prototype that they could deliver something wayyyy better, yes, this is absolutely one of the worst!

Wish they weren't so married to this plastic texture fabric lately, this could have been a great opportunity to use the bulk and proper cloth fabric to have a really flexible and articulated Spider-Man suit for once

Absolutely. This could have been a Home-made Suit situation again where we have a very, very poseable and forgiving Spidey suit, but instead they opted for this cheap printed plastic/fabric situation. Now when this figure inevitable sells poorly HT is just gonna chalk it up to it being a variant. :slap

I've got the Upgrade Suit on preorder, so hopefully they don't botch that release either! :pray:

Wow. I had noticed the terrible soft headsculpt and the eyes basically on the side of his head but that suit is unforgivable. Glad I didn?t put an NRD down on this.

Me and you both! I did want this figure, but now there is 0 chance I will pick it up, even at a major discount! :gah:

Wow, so now that more review videos are finally out I gotta say this figure has ended up being one massive disappointment. I'm not even sure I will pick this up now given all the flaws / downgrades. I'm not even gonna factor in the Spidey lenses being too far apart, but there are so many other things I don't think I can overlook...

First off, the headsculpt. I get that it's plastic and even though it's plastic the prototype was able to mimic the fabric look much better than the actual final product which has lost most of the details and looks like straight up cheap plastic! :slap

View attachment 501275
View attachment 501276

Also the Tom Holland likeness seems to have been completely lost from proto to final product...that looks like it could legit be any generic kid underneath the mask!

View attachment 501277

Now the most egregious of all offenses has to be the glaring downgrade in terms of the suit design. The original prototype was able to successfully replicate the look of all those separate panels which gave the suit a sense of depth and dimension. Unfortunately HT cheaped out on the final product and decided to have mostly all the panels and armor panels printed ON the suit. The end result is a flat, cheap looking final product...ugh! :thud:

View attachment 501278

Look at the prototype, look at how the suit shows off all the various panels of the separate armor...all that depth and texture, now compare that to the final product which is just FLAT!!!

View attachment 501279
View attachment 501283

This image below is FALSE ADVERTISING!

View attachment 501282

Sadly, I don't think I can justify this purchase anymore. With that being said, I just wanna give a big F U to HT for cheapening out and giving us a Boseman downgrade situation again!

Bait and switch at its finest people!!! :gah:

Wow that's really ******. Even Mezco did an over vest for their spider-monkey figure. That's just awful, I was thinking to see if I saw this for cheap in a month or two I'd pick it up, but doesn't even seem to be worth that.

Wow that's really ******. Even Mezco did an over vest for their spider-monkey figure. That's just awful, I was thinking to see if I saw this for cheap in a month or two I'd pick it up, but doesn't even seem to be worth that.

Save your money, Duke! Put your money towards something that's actually worth it. I have NO plans on picking up this travesty anymore.

Having looked at this youtube vid, https://youtu.be/FNtBVrti3Do , i didn’t think the final product is as bad as you made it out to be gmoney5000; but i may be more lenient in my assessment though.

Through that video, you can definitely still see the depth in panel separation that you mentioned ; I would think the pics you chose for comparison for that aspect may have been washed out by the camera flash (I never understood why people take pics of figures with flash ; they never provide true color representation).

There is a slight change in the Partially unmasked HS, but you could still see TH in there though. I think it’s safe to assume that paint application of the production run will always never be 100% on par with JC Hong’s proto ;)

All in all, I would say this is quite a good figure , and not a major disappointment like, say, the Stealth Cap (now that’s what I call a crappy proto-final product translation, and borderline false advertising) or the HS change on Ragnarok Loki & BP T’Challa.

Still not a fan of the design though...holding out for a flat out symbiote suit in the future :yess:

While I'm aware of the traditional cycle of SHEER PANIC when poor photos initially appear of a new release, at this time I really do think this figure is one too many steps down from the proto. HT still knocks it waaay out of the park on some releases, no doubt about it, but the broad trend recently has been THE CHEAPENING as they seem to err on the side of volume and cost-effective materials rather than quality.

Bottom line is that everyone votes with their wallet according to their own standards. If someone enjoys this figure, great -- but I feel the criticism is justified this time.

If I'm wrong, good. If not ... THE CHEAPENING continues.

Back