1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS- Episode III ROTS Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Hologram with the Death Star plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Yes I like that death star hologram idea.

Of course he needs lightning as well.

Took me a while to get into rebels, Didn't truly enjoy it till like season 3. Got better when the characters started to get older (Ezra & Sabine)/more experienced and adding Ashoka and Rex is what really got me into it. And any episode with Vader was of course great. Saddens me to find out Filloni had up to 8 seasons of some dialogue recorded. So should've been around for at least 3 more seasons.

Another nail in the coffin for me when it comes to Disney's Star Wars. If they didn't create it, it seems they want to bury it... Sad.

Was also glad fans can finally realize Ashoka did indeed die in that episode of Rebels. Most people didn't get what Filloni did. Because they saw her limping into the dark they thought she survived. It was more of an emotional sendoff seeing a beloved character walk off into the dark and fade away rather than seeing Vader/Anakin kill his Padawan on screen. But then they ruined it with the stupid Ezra stunt in the time thing.. Still haven't seen the last 3 episodes yet, got em on the DVR.

Yeah that was my problem as well, it felt too kiddy. I know tcw was a kids show as well but it straddled the line in a good way (of course there were entire skippable episodes too) where rebels was just too childish.

I did watch the few episodes to close up TCW arcs and they were alright. Too bad, such great characters in TCW cut short. Like you said if Disney didn’t create it...

Seems like you got a lot of the same style going in the stuff you like so perhaps I’ll take your recommendation and try watching season 3 onwards.

RT (Rian Trilogy)

Not sure if it was your intent, but a little too close to Rotten Tomatoes for comfort!

ROTS would have been improved if General Grievous didn't exist and Dooku's role extended. I liked Dooku. Much more of a presence than some cartoon POS.

I liked Grievous as a forerunner to Vader. The coughing and wheezing was ironed out with Vader's breath mask.

It was good to see Marvel pick up the idea of a cybernetic skunkworks and run with it. They even did a Mon Calamari version of Grievous!

oFNyTik.jpg

Last edited:

Is that for real?

At least the saber hilt is different but knowing Lucas and his taste for characters evolution, i'd be surprised if that was the only difference. Can't find any reference pic on the net clear enough right now but i'm sure some freaks could help shed some light on that matter.

Pardon my cluelessness, but what aspects of Dooku changed between AOTC and ROTS? Isn’t his costume the same?

It's hard to tell in pics from the film because everything is dark most of the time, but in AOTC he is wearing a black tunic and dark brown pants whereas in ROTS both his tunic and pants are dark brown.

It's hard to tell in pics from the film because everything is dark most of the time, but in AOTC he is wearing a black tunic and dark brown pants whereas in ROTS both his tunic and pants are dark brown.

Y’all never let me down haha I love these forums...

Hologram with the Death Star plans?

Great idea, but the RO fans won't like the reminder of the Trade Federation's involvement.

s-l1600.jpg

On a side note, the scene where Dooku blinds Obi-Wan with the truth about Darth Sidious would have to be one of the best in the PT, if not the saga. It does leave unanswered questions about Qui-Gon though.

(Cue Jinn: A Star Wars Story!)

Last edited:

^Yes I like that death star hologram idea.

Of course he needs lightning as well.

Yeah that was my problem as well, it felt too kiddy. I know tcw was a kids show as well but it straddled the line in a good way (of course there were entire skippable episodes too) where rebels was just too childish.

I did watch the few episodes to close up TCW arcs and they were alright. Too bad, such great characters in TCW cut short. Like you said if Disney didn’t create it...

Seems like you got a lot of the same style going in the stuff you like so perhaps I’ll take your recommendation and try watching season 3 onwards.

Rebels was fantastic. Better than clone wars and the ending is brilliant. If clone wars had focused on ashoka and not a anakin and obi it would have been so much better.
Disney has wrecked so much since taking over. It’s horrible
C9F92E51-D2E7-4C6E-AAD3-490D1DE46296.jpeg

As for this? Wtf!

Glad I don’t follow the new stuff anymore. It just got so bad.

Impressive

It’s canon, yes.

It should be fired out of a cannon. :p

A lot of the expanded universe stuff these days just seems too horrible for words, at least as far as the comics goes.

Overall I like what they've done in the comics. I always thought Vader was an evolution of Grievous and the comics have borne that out.

But the Lucasfilm Story Group does try a little too hard sometimes to make everything fit/connect.

I always thought Vader was an evolution of Grievous and the comics have borne that out.

Lucas said that right after ROTS opened. No need to 'explore' it. What's to explore anyway -- its an exo-suit to keep someone alive. About as deep as it goes, unless you want specific technical info.

Lucas said that right after ROTS opened. No need to 'explore' it. What's to explore anyway -- its an exo-suit to keep someone alive. About as deep as it goes, unless you want specific technical info.

More technical info, you say? https://youtu.be/FVzc20Bm8Xo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back