1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK not from exactly the same angle (and he looks pretty pasty in the movie still), but I think the HS is pretty damn good.

But I guess this is the normal phase of the release where everyone freaks at the blogger pics.

loki_comparison.jpg

OK not from exactly the same angle (and he looks pretty pasty in the movie still), but I think the HS is pretty damn good.

But I guess this is the normal phase of the release where everyone freaks at the blogger pics.

View attachment 431518

The angle is very different LOL, and doesn't help other than demonstrate only extreme angles help the likeness.

I mean everybody is right sometimes. The likeness of this for sure is not the best. Doesn't mean it isnt a good figure, or at least not a good Loki figure, but aside from cherry picking an image here or there, the overall likeness is off. The angles that are looking up from below the chin generally look a bit better, but I typically look at my figure at straight forward at eye level or above.

I still might get this, but I agree with the majority that the likeness is not very good, though still a good sculpt with solid paint apps.

I have friends in marketing and graphic design I will pass HT images off too to get their opinon to avoid my own balances. Sometimes they are amazed on the likeness, or tell me straight its off (either a little or a lot.) Loki got mediocre to poor likeness reviews, but they liked the overall figure. Asking hardcore HT collectors or marvel fans I try to avoid, because the bias is palpable.

with these two pics : the figure is too tanned ^^ maybe more accurate to real skin but not accurate to skin tone of a movie character (actors wear make up especially foundation)

there are more accurate figures from HT than this one

Ha, yeah it was all I could find. I agree though, it's not 100% there, but good enough for me, as I don't have the first version of him.

In any case I'll be displaying him with the helmet on (why wouldn't you). He looks better and will also be instantly recognisable to most that way too.

Plan is to have him between the core Avengers and Thanos holding the Tesseract.

Ha, yeah it was all I could find. I agree though, it's not 100% there, but good enough for me, as I don't have the first version of him.

In any case I'll be displaying him with the helmet on (why wouldn't you). He looks better and will also be instantly recognisable to most that way too.

Having him helmet-less next to Thanos might look better, and Thanos with his angry face choking the life out of this figure might look awesome too. I have A1 Loki, so a solid helmet-less version does interest me.

Having him helmet-less next to Thanos might look better, and Thanos with his angry face choking the life out of this figure might look awesome too. I have A1 Loki, so a solid helmet-less version does interest me.

True, choking scene would look good. Can't wait to get Thanos. He is going to look great !

Wonder when they'll show the second angry headsculpt ? It would have been a nice one to sneak into a Con display and let people find out themselves.

What's the estimated life of the clothing material for these figures. I only ask I've bought a few recently that I've had to put straight into storage. I'd dread to get them out and the material has started to deteriorate. Hopefully we are long past the days of Leonidas and ED-209.

Sent from a point in space and time

Someone on the forum posted while I was still lurking to expect 10 years on these figs w. reasonable care. In general.

Personally I'm a big believer in a cool airy environment - IMO sealing up a fig just seems to end up with trapped off-gassing. IMO sealing up a fig doesn't stop chemicals from degrading like the IM pink panty thing.

So far so good w. TWS Bucky, Golden Age Cap, Rescue Cap, Natasha, SW, and even all the Jack Sparrows. But I haven't been collecting that long. Still believe in looking your figures over from time to time even if stored (like the parts I have) - in plastic tubs, but not sealed really. They get some air.

My biggest hope is the excellent sculpts w. paint jobs last...I can replace bodies and re-furbish clothes. Except if my CW *diecast* Iron Man starts breaking down I will be really PO'd don't know how I'd fix those joints. I'm not worried about Loki costume more than any other fig and expect the same life span. Past 10 years for the cheap pleather HT seems to use - then depending on condition I'll make some decisions re costumes.

Lokiknivesrag.jpg

I'll be able to get the effect from the knife flip trailer scene, so sculpt works for me. Hope the cloak is wired.

I think I might also pose him with Thanos, but like we saw him in IW - no helmet, holding the Tesseract up to Thanos with one hand while he hides a knife with the other. Then again, there are so many possibilities for posing Thanos I could see that plan changing pretty fast. :lol

I think I might also pose him with Thanos, but like we saw him in IW - no helmet, holding the Tesseract up to Thanos with one hand while he hides a knife with the other. Then again, there are so many possibilities for posing Thanos I could see that plan changing pretty fast. :lol

Yep, gotta switch it up from time to time. That's what I love about these 1/6 figures over statues. It's also nice that there are several options, which is cool. No super sensitive clothing or bare silicone skin to restrict the possibilities.

So, he comes with sheaths for his daggers that have slots, yet according to that last review there is no way to attach them to the figure..... ?? Seriously!?

That's pretty stupid. :slap

So, he comes with sheaths for his daggers that have slots, yet according to that last review there is no way to attach them to the figure..... ?? Seriously!?

That's pretty stupid. :slap

I’ve seen videos where the sheaths attach magnetically to the side of his pants

I guess since the figure has already been released in Hong Kong we should see an early release as well?

I was thinking to buy a custom head sculpt from eBay around 20 dollars, which looks like the Avengers headsculpt. Then buying a black suit and making Ragnarok civil version of Loki. Maybe not iconic as this or A1 version without helmet, but it would be much cheaper and I don't have any Loki in my collection. What are you thinking about this, anyone have a custom Loki to show some pics?

I was thinking to buy a custom head sculpt from eBay around 20 dollars, which looks like the Avengers headsculpt. Then buying a black suit and making Ragnarok civil version of Loki. Maybe not iconic as this or A1 version without helmet, but it would be much cheaper and I don't have any Loki in my collection. What are you thinking about this, anyone have a custom Loki to show some pics?

I'm pretty sure I saw a third party version of that Loki somewhere.

I made a custom black suited Loki (pretty much the way you've described it here!). I'll try and post a picture tomorrow :)

Back