1/6 Hot Toys - MMS472 - Thor: Ragnarok - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the verdict on our thoughts of them maybe doing a A1 2.0 because of them maybe revisiting him in Avengers 4? Or just a new version period?

What do you guys think? I want a Loki, but I’m worried about holding off on this one if they don’t make one for the next movie if his part is small....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst case you might lose some dollars on a re-sale. I think this version looks pretty good. Also, with the overturn of the MCU I know I'm hoarding "first 10 year figs" as so far Feige's plans for the next MCU aren't blowing me away. I can't be the only as E-bay prices for most "first 10 year figs" are way up there at the moment.

E.g. This Loki and a possible IW2 Loki may be the last of the character ever made by HT:(. So I don't mind ending up with 2 Lokis - maybe.:dunno
I don't trust HT to make stuff when so far no Valkyrie or Okoye.:(

That’s why I ordered this one. Loki might literally only be in the movie for a few minutes when they revisit the battle of NY. HT could go for a cash grab and release a new one but we’ll see. I prefer the open horns helmet on this one. Fits and looks better than the full helmet of the first one

Worst case you might lose some dollars on a re-sale. I think this version looks pretty good. Also, with the overturn of the MCU I know I'm hoarding "first 10 year figs" as so far Feige's plans for the next MCU aren't blowing me away. I can't be the only as E-bay prices for most "first 10 year figs" are way up there at the moment.

E.g. This Loki and a possible IW2 Loki may be the last of the character ever made by HT:(. So I don't mind ending up with 2 Lokis - maybe.:dunno
I don't trust HT to make stuff when so far no Valkyrie or Okoye.:(

That’s sort of my thought process.... better be safe than sorry and get this one. With that being said, I think he always sells well though (no info to back me up on that, just from watching videos and pictures of collections, not many people are without a Loki) so if he has any sort of actual scenes in A4, I see them doing a 2.0 of Battle of New York or maybe a whole new costume? Idk.

My only reason with trying to keep it to 1 of each character is because I am primarily Star Wars and that itself is running me out of room.

What’s the verdict on our thoughts of them maybe doing a A1 2.0 because of them maybe revisiting him in Avengers 4? Or just a new version period?

What do you guys think? I want a Loki, but I’m worried about holding off on this one if they don’t make one for the next movie if his part is small....

They certainly won't make him from Avengers 3. Who only knows what will happen regarding any appearances from his character in the next movie. If they do ever revisit his Avengers 1 look because of the next movie (or indeed the Thor 1 look for some MCU anniversary deal or something), they'll be day 1 pre-order for me..

I think I'll keep this loki, i find the suit and the helmet to be my fav ver of loki and most likely we will only see loki in a sort of flashback or time travel, so we won't be seeing new version of loki.
Not sure if they'll nail the hs the next time around, none of them are good so far but the A1 with helmet seems more like Tom than this tbh.

I've found this Ragnarok 1/6 line to be somewhat frustrating. Hulk's knees, Hela's shoulders, that weird looking hair piece sculpt for Thor, the non-production of Valkyrie (arguably the best looking and most desired figure of the bunch) and now another missed opportunity at trying to capture Hiddleston with this Loki figure. This whole line-up feels like 'close but no cigar'.

The hairpiece isn't that bad and is not even noticeable if you had no idea the hair came off.

I think the hair also throws this sculpt off a little. It’s swept back so the helmet fits on. When the helmet is off, it doesn’t frame his face right or cover his ears as much as his hair does in the movie. Not a complaint, just my observation.

After the knockouts like Hela, Yondu, Tom Holland, and the latest Bucky headsculpt it's always a head scratcher when Hot Toys puts out a subpar stinker headsculpt like this Loki one.

I was looking forward to getting one, but alas, my wallet is spared!

What's the estimated life of the clothing material for these figures. I only ask I've bought a few recently that I've had to put straight into storage. I'd dread to get them out and the material has started to deteriorate. Hopefully we are long past the days of Leonidas and ED-209.

Sent from a point in space and time

I think the hair also throws this sculpt off a little. It’s swept back so the helmet fits on. When the helmet is off, it doesn’t frame his face right or cover his ears as much as his hair does in the movie. Not a complaint, just my observation.
Ya the hs looks great with the helmet on. I guess just like gladiator they were focusing on the helmeted look. And I find this suit best to be displayed beside iw thor too...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hopefully they will do an amazing tom hs for A4. Will get the head loose if so.
But as for my display, always plan to display loki with the helmet so I'm fine with this I guess

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Am I remembering the A1 version with rose-tinted glasses or is it still the best likeness they've done for Loki?

IMO A1 is still best because it's the only Loki HS with a smirk. Both TDW and Ragnarok versions have really bland expressions.

IMO A1 is still best because it's the only Loki HS with a smirk. Both TDW and Ragnarok versions have really bland expressions.

Agreed. Though I might get this for the Thanos shelf, and a happy expression is not needed there.

I doubt we get a Loki for A4. But I think you are right that the next TV series we might see one.

I think other than no smirk that this is the best Loki. Look at his suit. Hot Toys imo killed it! It’s great looking. They probably had to sacrifice some likeness for the helmet to make it fit and look well. I think it looks fine

Back