Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just harsh lighting. His hair will not look that gold on normal display. There's a few other figures HT uses that technique on and they look fine on the shelf.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

b2fe37a408b124c5331f82ecdf9c47f1.jpg

f6cc4a05a0eb855d7a332b19313f294d.jpg

19ab81aade5a88010139f0f8e0a249ef.jpg

3107d09a314ee241abab73db9cb300e1.jpg

240498176f2b0984fb93ce5e86206ce4.jpg

Thanks for these. The sculpt is pretty off in many areas, unfortunately. I'll have to think about this one... The rest of the figure is great and I wanted good Anakin on my shelf since the third time I saw ROTS on a big screen.

It's just harsh lighting. His hair will not look that gold on normal display. There's a few other figures HT uses that technique on and they look fine on the shelf.

It’s not just the color though, the texture is too long in some areas as well. I think some darkening touchup paint highlights would work, until we see for ourselves in person. I think will be the key how ell the hair works

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Thanks for these. The sculpt is pretty off in many areas, unfortunately. I'll have to think about this one... The rest of the figure is great and I wanted good Anakin on my shelf since the third time I saw ROTS on a big screen.

What more could you want? I don’t think a better version is coming down the line. I think folks talk themselves out of stuff cause they were on the fence to begin with on buying figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give the sculpt a 9/10. I can see where it’s slightly off in some areas, but it’s pretty damn close for being just a little over the size of the width of your thumb.

Yeah. It’s an amazing job on sculpt. The figures are so top notch at this point we can pick them to death but in the end it’s an amazing figure.

Yeah. It’s an amazing job on sculpt. The figures are so top notch at this point we can pick them to death but in the end it’s an amazing figure.

I couldn't agree more with your last two comments.

Well, that group of comparison shots shows that this figure is like so many other HT figures. ..well - crafted but not quite there with the likeness. In this case it's the nose that's really off. It's still the best we're going to see for this character and certainly outshines any previous effort.

Ordered, I have a sickness. :gah: at least when obi gets released I'll have both. Ani is gonna be a real hard find at a good price then.

Back