1/6 Hot Toys - MMS314D12 - Iron Man: Mark III (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...People telling us that we are basically bad people or stupid to keep buying these, when it is our hobby. If you don't like it, why are you here?

I don't think anyone who enjoys these figures enough to participate in a forum like this, regardless of if the collected one or a hundred, think that buying these things are "stupid". But, this is an expensive hobby, relatively speaking it can be even for the person who only buys one. I don't have the budget or space to collect every figure I think is really cool so I have to make choices and prioritize. I think most of us have to do this and so I can imagine that as we wrestle with this it sometimes comes out as we talk in the forum and we say things like "such and such figure is a waste of money". I don't think anyone is being judgmental, because people outside our hobby would likely look at the cost for any one of these figures and say its a waste of money. So, i don't think people here are trying to be judgmental as much as they are wrestling with how to have good judgment for themselves based on their own limitations.

Now as for the figure the thread is about. I just got the regular diecast MkIII and it is BEAUTIFUL, so I can see why some might like the stealth version too. Personally I am TRYING to keep my Iron Man stuff simple. I bought the MkIII to be my only IM, but while waiting for it I bought War Machine and Mk33 too and drooled over a bunch of others looking at them online. While my Mark III is proudly on the shelf, my other two are still in their boxes as I debate if I am going to keep them. Nothing against them, I took them both out and messed around with them a bit and they are fantastic, but it felt like an impulse buy and there may be a better use of the space I have to display stuff and the price I might be able to recoup from selling them. Then again I may just keep them :) This is all just personal preference to what is worth it for any of us. I will say though that if I were going to load up on a bunch of Iron Man armors I would prefer the Mk7 Stealth over this one because I think a "stealth" armor would be more advanced than the MkIII. Maybe the MK7 version will show up more on ebay down the road because some people like the MkIII stealth better, at a reasonable after market price (yea, like that's going to happen) I might be tempted to pick one of 7's if I was picking between that one and this one.

lol at people getting offended by "dolls".

sometimes i forget how old fashioned people still are.

I ordered this day one. I just received the DC IM MK III, what a beautiful figure!!! The metallic blue paint will pop in my Iron Man Display.

I do find it funny when people on a collectible TOY forum seemingly denigrate other members on this forum, by calling these works of art-DOLLS; questioning why someone would spend XXX amount blah, blah, blah. But whatever; I see them as well articulated, respresentation/Action Figures of characters/movies that I enjoy. :peace

I'm excited to receive this one. Hopefully this guarantees we're getting a Die-Cast Mark II. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are dolls, as much as you try calling them something else. I have no shame in saying that some dolls look great.

But they are ****ing dolls.

They are dolls, as much as you try calling them something else. I have no shame in saying that some dolls look great.

But they are ****ing dolls.
So tell me...
If they're dolls as you say, do you hug your sixth scale Iron Man in bed?

noun -
1. a small figure representing a baby or other human being, especially for use as a child's toy.

I don't know anyone buying Hot Toys for their child to use as a toy...

ac·tion fig·ure
NOUN

• a doll representing a person or fictional character known for vigorous action, such as a soldier or superhero. The figure typically is posable, with jointed limbs.

RELATED FORMS

action figure
(noun)
action figures
(plural noun)