1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free!
4ea5cac4e3131ce721aef23dc14c1835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you order it and it was free or did they just randomly decide to send out a free one?

Did you order it and it was free or did they just randomly decide to send out a free one?

I just got an email last week informing me that I was about to receive it. I'm not sure if they gave it to me as a bonus because I recently pre-ordered the Hot Toys Suicide Squad Batman.
It's weird but I'll take it as a blessing. It arrived today and so far I'm loving it. I'm having second thoughts modding it and turning it into a regular stormtrooper.

I love how nobody can answer his question since he mentioned that he got the figure for free.

I would leave it as is. Ahab did an impressive mod but it involved recasting the chest piece as the pack is fixed to the back so removing it likely ruins it. It's a cool figure in its own right and if you just have him hold the standard blaster it's pretty close to a regular stormie.

I just got an email last week informing me that I was about to receive it. I'm not sure if they gave it to me as a bonus because I recently pre-ordered the Hot Toys Suicide Squad Batman.
It's weird but I'll take it as a blessing. It arrived today and so far I'm loving it. I'm having second thoughts modding it and turning it into a regular stormtrooper.

Gratz on a nice score, I don't think SS is ever that generous though. Seriously, I would keep my mouth shut if I got a free figure. I've been buying from SS for the last 9 years, and I never got any freebies, not even the POTC Angelicas when they were desperate to get rid of them.

I have spent enough to have about $400 in reward points and I've never even received a cleaning kit

Got an email from SS today saying Spacetrooper is low on stock so it's not like they need to give them away... unless they are low on stock because they did just give a bunch out. It's there own fault really. So many people wanted two but they held to one per customer. I got a second locally and am glad as they look brilliant as a pair.

Ahoy!
If you did want to go through the trouble, this is how I modified mine...

Cheers,
View attachment 308320[/ATTACH]View attachment 308321View attachment 308322

Note: The stock (damaged) chest plate was used for another figure. The undamaged chest armor pictured above was purchased on ebay.

What was the order of the armor pieces that u removed them in? There's a long strap on the chest armor that seems to wrap around the top of the body and meets underneath the under wear armor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love how nobody can answer his question since he mentioned that he got the figure for free.

I would leave it as is. Ahab did an impressive mod but it involved recasting the chest piece as the pack is fixed to the back so removing it likely ruins it. It's a cool figure in its own right and if you just have him hold the standard blaster it's pretty close to a regular stormie.

Thanks a lot =)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got an email from SS today saying Spacetrooper is low on stock so it's not like they need to give them away... unless they are low on stock because they did just give a bunch out. It's there own fault really. So many people wanted two but they held to one per customer. I got a second locally and am glad as they look brilliant as a pair.

How many remain? Did it have a big discount during the Black Friday sale? I was waiting for double rewards or more discounts but perhaps it is time to buy now?

I once received a duplicate $100 art book for free in the mail after I had already ordered the same item previously. I did the right thing and contacted the company and they said it was a mistake so I sent it back to them.

Blick Art supplies also sent me an entire case of illustration board without me ordering it...same thing, I gave them a call, they admitted the mistake was on their end and I did the right thing and sent it back.

Just because you get something in the mail and you consider it "free" doesn't mean it's not going to cost you something in the end. Having integrity is always the best policy.

I once received a duplicate $100 art book for free in the mail after I had already ordered the same item previously. I did the right thing and contacted the company and they said it was a mistake so I sent it back to them.

Blick Art supplies also sent me an entire case of illustration board without me ordering it...same thing, I gave them a call, they admitted the mistake was on their end and I did the right thing and sent it back.

Just because you get something in the mail and you consider it "free" doesn't mean it's not going to cost you something in the end. Having integrity is always the best policy.

I contacted Sideshow and asked about it this morning. Turns out it was one of the gifts that they were randomly giving out to people based off of previous orders, so to put this topic to bed, it was free and it didn't cost anyone anything. =)

How many remain? Did it have a big discount during the Black Friday sale? I was waiting for double rewards or more discounts but perhaps it is time to buy now?

It just said low stock warning. I think it might have been up to $50 off plus free US shipping. Hot Toys have majorly bungled their Star Wars figure run numbers. Either way to low or way way way over produced.

It just said low stock warning. I think it might have been up to $50 off plus free US shipping. Hot Toys have majorly bungled their Star Wars figure run numbers. Either way to low or way way way over produced.

Seems like they got carried away when the first figures, particularly the Stormtroopers sold out, and overproduced the following troopers, especially TFA. And because of that they are now making less of the RO troopers.

We got swamped when TFA came out too. Been wanting a second from Sideshow for ages, even asked a couple times but got denied. Too bad other things keep getting in the way.

Seems like they got carried away when the first figures, particularly the Stormtroopers sold out, and overproduced the following troopers, especially TFA. And because of that they are now making less of the RO troopers.

Yeah, I agree. Such a disappointment as the R1 figures/characters are so much better than all those Force Awakens troopers.

Back