Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always think about it but until i get an official camera i won't at all attempt it, I'm very OCD like that. But one day I'll share with the world. I have over 1000 of these MFs and it'll be a burden of Love to capture everyone of them in their absolute best. I shared a bunch of stuff with 'alex Gen X' from toyhaven a while back so i have done it. But quick tip, for better articulation in the shoulders you gotta remove the fat padding AND cut the rubber undershirt front and back from collar down, mid-way to the belly and mid-back then you have to apply preferably blue or black electrical tape along the newly widened collar to keep the seems from showing beneath the vest and the shoulders from flailing too wide which doesn't look right. Once i finished i couldn't have designed it any better, it has full function and looks factory fresh. I promise to Share step by setup photos. Hardest part is taking the tops in and off, i swore i was gonna break something (shoulders or tear shirts). Thank Good i didn't.

SSC can't seem to give these things away.

I'm not sure if it's because of the limited mobility, or the fact that it doesn't appeal to the casual collector who is just looking for one Cap figure to represent Captain America, being that it's simply all dark blue and doesn't have any red abdominal stripes as Cap traditionally has.

Perhaps a bit of both.

SSC can't seem to give these things away.

I'm not sure if it's because of the limited mobility, or the fact that it doesn't appeal to the casual collector who is just looking for one Cap figure to represent Captain America, being that it's simply all dark blue and doesn't have any red abdominal stripes as Cap traditionally has.

Perhaps a bit of both.

It's a beautiful design and I think it's a must have for anyone doing an evolution of Cap, but I myself have stayed away from it so far because of the very reasons you have given.

Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

This is currently the only Cap in my collection. I am coveting the AOU cap with all the new futures and design but I still love this figure even with all its issues. Just a cool looking Cap! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448551928.940726.jpg

jedijim, that's a great looking lineup! (I see your Ant-man there too)

I really liked the look of this suit in the movie, plus it had the coolest in-suit action sequences (the Lumerian Star and elevator scenes). The limited articulation doesn't bother me as much since I'd tear it open and start to mod it anyways. My main issue is that I already have TFA Cap, which I like even more; and I don't need to have a second Cap figure in my collection. There's a price where I can't turn down picking this figure up; the sale prices just haven't hit it yet (thankfully).

I wish HT would emake this figure with AoU Cap proportions as it is my second favorite Cap suit but the figure was so disappointing

I just bought this set to get a civi dressed Steve Rogers for our Diorama.

While futzing with him I realized a guitar would be the perfect accessory.

This made me reconsider the set up of the living room level, which originally was going to have the couch and coffee table. Now I’m going for more of a party atmosphere with various people playing instruments and mingling about.

I have Loki on the piano, Steve on the guitar and I just ordered a drum set for Clint

This level should be fun to fill up

BTW: The Stealth Captain America is for sale in the classifieds forum.

Yeah even $177 shipped from Sideshow I'm not ready to buy it, I'm waiting until I can grab one for around $100 +/-

I just bought this set to get a civi dressed Steve Rogers for our Diorama.

While futzing with him I realized a guitar would be the perfect accessory.

This made me reconsider the set up of the living room level, which originally was going to have the couch and coffee table. Now I’m going for more of a party atmosphere with various people playing instruments and mingling about.

I have Loki on the piano, Steve on the guitar and I just ordered a drum set for Clint

BTW: The Stealth Captain America is for sale in the classifieds forum.

Thats looks great Dave! Awesome work buddy! :clap

:lol That sounds awesome! Great pic btw!:rock

It's a beautiful design and I think it's a must have for anyone doing an evolution of Cap, but I myself have stayed away from it so far because of the very reasons you have given.

It is. I really like this suit and the figure.

I still maintain the conviction that it's not as much of an atrocity as what people make it out to be. The only issues for me is the limited upward mobility in the arms and the somewhat flat looking chest. I think the overall body size in terms of height and girth was an improvement from previous Cap figures. It's essentially the same size as AoU Cap. In fact, I heard a rumor that strike suit Cap and AoU Cap use the same body, but the tailoring on AoU Cap's suit was just much superior to that of strike suit Cap.

I'm not really one to put my figures in overly dynamic poses, so the limited arm mobility isn't much of an issue for me anyway.

It is. I really like this suit and the figure.

I still maintain the conviction that it's not as much of an atrocity as what people make it out to be. The only issues for me is the limited upward mobility in the arms and the somewhat flat looking chest. I think the overall body size in terms of height and girth was an improvement from previous Cap figures. It's essentially the same size as AoU Cap. In fact, I heard a rumor that strike suit Cap and AoU Cap use the same body, but the tailoring on AoU Cap's suit was just much superior to that of strike suit Cap.

I'm not really one to put my figures in overly dynamic poses, so the limited arm mobility isn't much of an issue for me anyway.

It's not a rumor. If you check out the loose bodies on ebay, they're identical except the AoU body has magnets on the arms. The body has some big pecs already; the issue is the (stiff) tailoring on Stealth Cap's chest and shoulders that makes things look flat. I used the same body on TFA Cap, and it looks pretty good (though I don't have AoU Cap to compare).

Back