Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

I hope to God that the sculpts we actually receive will look that good
They won't.

The reveal of Cap's A2:AoU costume makes me want to wait for it instead as it's a combo of the best elements from his previous movie suits including this Stealth STRIKE version, but the awesome HS of this set is hard to resist, knowing that HT can sometimes be doing step-backs instead of forwards when it comes to likeness.

chris-evans-avengers-2-1.jpg

chris-evans-avengers-2-3.jpg
Weird that Marvel would hire Jim Lee to start designing suits.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

I think on one hand there is "how large Chris Evans *actually is*" and on the other hand, "How big Cap is *supposed* to be"(We only see a few hints throughout the series that hint at his supposed Schwarzennegger-esque bulk), i can accept the Cap HT figures portraying him as slightly larger than we know the actor to actually be.
On a light note, i was searching for a pic of him, and found a website with a piece about his the shortlist to play Cap was Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Channing Tatum.
The thing that is funniest to me is the postings of the raving comic geeks at the bottom of the page.
Post #5 made me laugh(In hindsight, as i struggle to imagine anyone BUT Evans playing Cap now):

https://www.comicvine.com/captain-a...evans-offered-role-of-captain-america-534580/
I actually wanted Tatum to take the role before Evans accepted it. I think Paul Walker would have been good. Also John Cena, looks it but his acting experience isn't up to par.

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 1/6th scale Captain America

Weird that Marvel would hire Jim Lee to start designing suits.

^^^ LOL

Hey, question since I see you're located in Louisiana. I'm hitting up NOLA to film something and staying afterwards for a few days and was wondering if you knew any good spots for us to check out, food-wise? We were thinking Ruby Slipper Cafe, Cochon Butcher, Parkway, maybe one of Emeril's restaurants? Figured asking a local would be good since we usually ask around wherever we visit and everyone's really nice to suggest great places!

pulled the trigger...used some rewards points so $300 shipped for me.

Wonder if someone would want to split the 2 pack. I don't want the strike suit, just Rogers.

with reward points, will be only paying a little over $50 for this amazing set:yess:

Wonder if someone would want to split the 2 pack. I don't want the strike suit, just Rogers.

I'm sure you'll be able to get one. People part things out all the time, although the price of it separately will probably be higher than the value you would get if you bought the set and sold the Stealth STRIKE suit figure off... Okay, that probably doesn't make sense, I just confused myself, LOL. Basically, I think if you bought the set and sold the Stealth STRIKE Cap separately and kept the Civi-Cap for yourself, you will have "paid" much less for your Civi-Cap than if you went to buy it out separately on your own, if that makes any sense...

Ordered the 2-pack. So I'm guessing we are done with HT Caps for this year? :lol

Just ordered the 2 pack at AFX. They have it for $312.79

I think on one hand there is "how large Chris Evans *actually is*" and on the other hand, "How big Cap is *supposed* to be"(We only see a few hints throughout the series that hint at his supposed Schwarzennegger-esque bulk), i can accept the Cap HT figures portraying him as slightly larger than we know the actor to actually be.
On a light note, i was searching for a pic of him, and found a website with a piece about his the shortlist to play Cap was Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Channing Tatum.
The thing that is funniest to me is the postings of the raving comic geeks at the bottom of the page.
Post #5 made me laugh(In hindsight, as i struggle to imagine anyone BUT Evans playing Cap now):

https://www.comicvine.com/captain-a...evans-offered-role-of-captain-america-534580/

Haha man, yeah I'm always on comic vine and it's ALWAYS fun to see the comic geeks argue and such. I myself am one of them but I don't get into huge arguments like these guys do. You can never fully please the fanboys.

The reveal of Cap's A2:AoU costume makes me want to wait for it instead as it's a combo of the best elements from his previous movie suits including this Stealth STRIKE version, but the awesome HS of this set is hard to resist, knowing that HT can sometimes be doing step-backs instead of forwards when it comes to likeness.

chris-evans-avengers-2-1.jpg

Well you just made my choice easier. Il be waiting for the A2 version of Cap.

I gotta swing this but im waiting for the waitlist. I cant believe how much this movies costing me. Im passing on black widow and maybe even on falcon and age of ultron is revealed ill most likely get served divorce papers lol

Ordered the set of two. Both figures look amazing and it's a pretty good deal. Had to do both.

I gotta swing this but im waiting for the waitlist. I cant believe how much this movies costing me. Im passing on black widow and maybe even on falcon and age of ultron is revealed ill most likely get served divorce papers lol

If you're picking the wife, I'll gladly be your storage for all your figures. :lol

Just ordered the 2 pack at AFX. They have it for $312.79

Whoa that is much cheaper than anywhere else for me. I might have to go with them instead of BBTS. Good service from them everyone?

Whoa that is much cheaper than anywhere else for me. I might have to go with them instead of BBTS. Good service from them everyone?

I'm quite happy with them, I order from them whenever possible and they delivered my MoS figure without any issues. Keep in mind though anything over $300 from AFX requires a NRD. Having said that... I ordered the TDK armory from them back in Feb and they still haven't charged me the NRD yet :dunno

I'm quite happy with them, I order from them whenever possible and they delivered my MoS figure without any issues. Keep in mind though anything over $300 from AFX requires a NRD. Having said that... I ordered the TDK armory from them back in Feb and they still haven't charged me the NRD yet :dunno

Cool. I don't mind a NRD. What I care about is tax and how long it takes to ship. Since I'm in CA it's nice that they don't charge tax but it should only take a couple days for UPS. POed there as well as BBTS. Only thing I'm unsure of is if AFX charges me the whole order right awhile since I used Paypal. Hopefully not.

Just saw the movie and on an impulse I almost committed to buying this but I think I will wait for the Avengers 2 suit. The stealth suit is nice but doesn't represent Captain America to me. I might grab Falcon and Winter Soldier though. I had no intention of buying WS until I saw the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reveal of Cap's A2:AoU costume makes me want to wait for it instead as it's a combo of the best elements from his previous movie suits including this Stealth STRIKE version,

This pic makes me think I may wind up cancelling my GA PO. I think TFA>Stealth>AoU shows a great evolution of the suit. The GA CAP is starting to feel a bit redundant.

Back