Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B9gCrMMCUAA8O3G.jpg

I figure I'm going to take it apart anyways and use it for making custom figures, so I might as well see how it looks modded. I think the figure looks fantastic, but I don't have it in hand yet.

If you think it looks fantastic from pictures then you will be happy with it in hand. I thought the figure looked awful in pictures and in hand my feelings didn't change but I only bought the figure solely for modding anyway. Guess you must really like the suit a lot that the body is not enough to sway you away from buying this.

Judging from these pics, i don't see what the problem is with this figure. He looks beefed as it is now and i can see the V shape torso as well.

Judging from these pics, i don't see what the problem is with this figure. He looks beefed as it is now and i can see the V shape torso as well.

You are either in denial or obviously don't understand what a V shape torso looks like as the shape of the torso on this figure is straight like a ruler.

This is what a V shape torso looks like.

As it goes closer to the waist it get's narrower, thus, forming a V shape. The broadness of the torso is formed by the wide bulging lateral muscles, which this figure doesn't have at all as they are totally flat. So the only way to mod the shape of the torso on this figure to create some sort of V is to make the waist narrower, since it lacks the bulging lateral muscles the proto and Reeve torso have.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do with mine. I might do DA's rubber band mod since it sounds like the uniform is easy to remove.

This will be my first Cap.

How is your Super Soldier outfit holding up? The decals on mine are a little frayed...

Has anyone tried those knockoff shields on eBay? I want a red and blue shield for Cap instead of the stealth shield.

Back