Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think it does look much better if the color of the chin strap closely matches the color of the shoulder straps.

I couldn't wait till March so I went to eBay and picked this up for $221usd with free shipping from HK. I also didn't pay any duty so this thing cost me a hell of a lot less than getting it from Sideshow :)

The figure is AWESOME! It's stiff as hell, but it can be posed with enough force to the arms.

After watching Clipperking's video, I also painted his jaw strap brown, I can't believe Hot toys did not paint it this colour lol

9c2b3f2a9a57c99a4ecd969a8e5e1a31.jpg

6560f0d0a484eeaad100bbbe7d98a5f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done! :clap

Yeah, I'm probably going to have my father in law paint the chin straps on this guy whenever the heck he shows up. I have zero talent in painting, he is freakishly talented. Its a nice resource to have.

Also, I really don't think this guy needs his fat suit removed. You can pull his arms outwards and it actually gives it a good amount of motion.

Personally I think it does look much better if the color of the chin strap closely matches the color of the shoulder straps.

Hey, if I remember correctly it was you that bought one of those eBay metal shields right? Can you please post some pics of it? I just bought one for my stealth Cap but the stock pics on eBay suck.

Well, I bought two of them. One of them I put Apoxie sculpt over the star and painted the whole thing silver for this figure.

1601176_10153464197154460_4658774645034480213_n.jpg

The other I battle damaged for a Bucky/Winter Soldier/Cap figure.

10394629_10153707329019460_4721659033853919342_n.jpg

They're very nice, and pretty darn hard to beat for $30 or less. The back is not great, they just use elastic straps. But I pretty much never show the back of any of my shields anyway so not a problem for me.

Beats the flaking, original shields...that's for sure.

Wow that second Cap looks great!!! Nice job on the weathering as well on the shield!

Is the shield painted white, red and blue? Or silver(metal finish), red and blue?

Do you have any photos of what it looked like before the mods you did?

Am I the only one more impressed with the comics in the background?

Nope, Avengers #1 and #4 right there. First app of the Avengers and Cap coming out of the ice. ****ing key issues right there. I almost had my chance at an Avengers #1 at my local comic shop, and the guy was gonna take $200 off for me to bring it from 500 to 300 but didn't have money that day. I came back the next day and it was already gone. It still bugs the hell out of me as to how close I was to getting it.

Back