Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it doesn't make the figure look fat or bloated? I don't feel overly confident about cutting into mine when it arrives

Hey there charlie well you can keep it in if you want, No it does not make the figure fat or bloated but it does make him look "FLAT" no definition no contouring transition from chest to abs, at least IMO everyone has there our own input on that.

Lipsmack wait till you get in hand and feel how restricted that bugger is with it in there, the only way I can describe it is DX12 legs in reverse only mid torso section, it really is a pain in the butt to pose with it in there ( turning waist, moving arms up in shoulder area etc.), but thats up to you all I was just showing the possibilities of those that would want more range of motion, I will tell you that removing the fat suit is key to shoulder movement on either side being freed up for more movement. The Golden Age Cap Has the upper hand on articulation unless the fat suit is removed. It just feels really restricted otherwise cause with that fat suit in there its nearly frozen.

Peter Clipper King has an instructional on removing it on youtube it is rather straight forward not to hard if you follow the video.

EVERYONE has there opinion on it, if you doubt it for the slightest bit i would say don't even think about it until you have it in hand, I am doing it to both my caps. I just feel that the articulation you see in the proto pics from hot toys is not what your gonna get when you open the box without that inner padded suit removed period

Helmeted head on Avengers, too!

Quick phone pics. Sorry for the quality. The neck will be trimmed a tad.
CapTWSAVG1.jpg
CapTWSAVG2.jpg

Sucks, but it will get here when it gets here.

I may have to take out the fat suit too. I really want to put him in some dynamic poses and it appears that suit will restrict it.

Sorry for posting again but for some reason guys are still asking when I'm going to do a full review and this set .....I did it already :O)

I hate that I have to do it but the fat suit is coming off. You just can't pose Stealth Cap. Period. Such a great looking figure is being relegated to the same pose he's shipped in. Basically remove him from the box and place on shelf.

The arms are even more frustrating in that even the slightest bend in the elbow will pull the sleeve up, revealing the wrist joint. I'll take pics of this but the ends of the sleeves aren't even finished. They look like they were just rough cut and tucked under the glove cuffs. I may have just got a bad one but my guess is that they're all like that. I really love this figure and this set was my most anticipated of the year, which is why I'm so frustrated with it.

Golden Age was my stand-in Cap until the Stealth set was released. But since putting the Rogers sculpt on it, I think this may end up being my definitive Captain America.

Clip, you mentioned something about the material they used on the Roger's jacket but I missed why you thought they didn't use the same stuff for the Stealth suit. I was looking at it last night and I think it would have been perfect. It has a little bit of stretch to it and it even has a sort of panel design that mimics the stealth suit. Lost opportunity if you ask me. Here's a little edited shot of my new favorite Cap.

Last edited:
I can't believe Sideshow delayed this another month. They probably just don't want to have to deal with shipping them out before the holiday. :slap

Quick phone pics. Sorry for the quality. The neck will be trimmed a tad.
View attachment 149562

It might just be me, but I think this is just another example of the new Cap head being too big for the older bodies. There have been a lot of pictures with the Stealth and unmasked head on other Cap figures (by the way, thanks to all of you for the pictures!), and they all seem to be off to varying degrees. Given that the bodies haven't changed sizes (I think), I'm really starting to believe that all the torso padding is to try to hide the fact that the heads are getting bigger.

Just my two cents... :lecture

So all these fantastic shots that have been seeing, these guys have gotten their caps from overseas or the asian market right?

Because I haven't gotten notices from SSC yet and they still have it listed as preorder on their website.

Back