Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm coming to realize I rather not fuzz around too much with poses, it really puts my heart on a string...lol so 3 figures in, I rarely try to pose them in any dynamic ways...so cap having articulation problems on the arms, really isn't a deal breaker for me, the sculpt and body really look dope, regardless of earlier complaints in my opinion...my issue now is the fact that I have literally no place to put them now...with R2, Groot, rocket and starlord in the near future I'm spaced out

You'll find a way. Trust me.

Also I like how as soon as I start the video, an ad for Cafe Press comes up - but it's an ad specifically for Marvel stuff on the Cafe Press website. Well played Cafe Press, well played.

Great video review clipperking...really appreciate the basic photography that show the figure just as it is...always a good thing.

Also appreciate the tips on what to watch out for and the comments on construction...informative, entertaining.

Looking forward to this set....and I see this has been pushed out to December now at Sideshow....of course, considering that's just a few days away at this point, that's no great surprise. But depending on when in December, we may not see this set shipping/arriving to folks stateside until January.

Oh well...hopefully we'll get more pics and reviews to pass the time while we wait...

Last edited:
Another good review by ClipperKing.

I was going to get the set. But now I think I'll pass for the Avengers 2 version. I do want a STRIKE suit Captain America. Maybe XM Studios will make one and a Black Widow as well. This Hot Toys version while good, I now see without making a mod I might not be able to get him in the pose I want. Plus, it wouldn't be perfect anyway since Hot Toys didn't make the hands for the pose. I'm sure people know what pose I'm talking about. Cap is posed like that in almost all the movies I think. Maybe we'll get the hands for the Avengers 2 version, since he's posed like that with Thor in the promo photo.

Plus I think Clipper is right about the street clothes. What do you do with it when you use the unmasked head? Maybe if Hot Toys released the STRIKE suit with two heads. Then the street clothes version could have a third head in a more angry expression to go with the Winter Soldier street battle scene. As it is, it's like Hot Toys knew people wanted an unmasked Cap and is making people pay for an extra figure to get it.

I was going to get the set. But now I think I'll pass for the Avengers 2 version. I do want a STRIKE suit Captain America. Maybe XM Studios will make one and a Black Widow as well. This Hot Toys version while good, I now see without making a mod I might not be able to get him in the pose I want. Plus, it wouldn't be perfect anyway since Hot Toys didn't make the hands for the pose. I'm sure people know what pose I'm talking about. Cap is posed like that in almost all the movies I think. Maybe we'll get the hands for the Avengers 2 version, since he's posed like that with Thor in the promo photo.

Pose pose pose pose pose pose pose pose pose. Is the pose you keep mentioning a secret? :lol

Plus I think Clipper is right about the street clothes. What do you do with it when you use the unmasked head? Maybe if Hot Toys released the STRIKE suit with two heads. Then the street clothes version could have a third head in a more angry expression to go with the Winter Soldier street battle scene. As it is, it's like Hot Toys knew people wanted an unmasked Cap and is making people pay for an extra figure to get it.

Pose pose pose pose pose pose pose pose pose. Is the pose you keep mentioning a secret? :lol

I couldn't figure out what this pose was for the longest time, and my best guess is it's the one with his hands on his belt buckle.

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-trailer-0.jpg

A more accurate description certainly wouldn't hurt. ;)

I couldn't figure out what this pose was for the longest time, and my best guess is it's the one with his hands on his belt buckle.

A more accurate description certainly wouldn't hurt. ;)

Looking at this picture you posted above and Clipper's review of removing the fat suit, I think the key to making this figure look bigger is all in the arms. If you bulk them up then I think you can achieve this look.

I may be wrong but to me Cap's body looks better proportioned with the Rogers head on in Clipperking's video. Something about the helmeted head makes the body look just a bit small...maybe the helmet head is wider or something? Regardless, I was always going to display this with the Rogers head anyway. As for the extra body, I'll use that for a kitbash down the line--or maybe to give my eventual Michael Myers figure (once someone offers a great Myers head for sale) a tall, imposing buff body.

I agree too that the arms could have been a bit more buff to complete the look in that Evans photo.

Not sure what I'l do about the "fat suit". I don't care that much about articulation and I tend to leave my figures in museum poses. Also I have bad luck whenever I remove outfits from Hot Toys figures, or even partially remove them--inevitably, a belt, strap, or button breaks on me. Besides, you would assume Rogers has a couple of protective layers on under his Strike suit when he goes into battle, right? And if the fat suit is adding bulk to the top of the arms that's a good thing to me, so I'll just keep it as is.

If HT was going to add bulk and hinder articulation, it should've gone all the way. He doesn't look big enough in the arms, shoulders and chest, well, at least to me. Not to mention he's basically static from the waist up.

I'm not sure this compromise makes sense.

I really think the masked head is a little bigger than the Rogers head. This pic looks like more evidence of it. For some reason that masked head just makes Cap's body look smaller than it should by comparison.

Back