1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking for a set of bloggers photos for the avengers version to compare so I can decide which one to get but I can't find anything

Are there any galleries of her around someone can refer me to?

It's a nice figure...but it isn't Scarlett in those pics....I think I will now def stick with my avengers version.

Not bad, I think it has to do with the paint job. The one that was painted by JC Hong really shows the Johansen likeness best:

10583814_10154392187790076_1870357894877170866_n.jpg

Last edited:
They nailed Scarlett on the Avengers version, so it's weird that they failed on this one.
there can only be one logical explanation for this one, that they've actually sculpted Jane Foster but then Howard decided it won't sell, so they put TWS Widow's hair on it and sell it as Widow. Will sell a lot more this way..

They also nailed Scarlet on the prototype .
yda6agab.jpg
5u6u5u6a.jpg

THIS IS NOT THE PROTOTYPE !!!! :( :(
u4y2epep.jpg

Not bad, I think it has to do with the paint job. The one that was painted by JC Hong really shows the Johansen likeness best:

10583814_10154392187790076_1870357894877170866_n.jpg

Oh my . That looks fantastic ! I'm really upset about this . The prototype was so perfect . I should have known .

Agree swap the sculpt. Just getting it for the costume, love this costume. Better than Ultron.

Exactly what i'm doing, man. LOVE the costume, since it's literally comic book Nat. I may repaint the Widow's Bite cuffs to either silver or gold though. I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions, fellow freaks? But other than that, i'm just waiting for a sculpt with her long comic book hair and not the mess her Iron Man 2 look, was. I'm super glad i'm getting this early though.

Looks like I'm in the minority for really liking this so far. I do get the Portman vibe and 1000 yd stare complaint, but she still looks really good. I find that I need to see many blogger and in-hand photos to get an accurate feel for these likenesses. I really disliked Dark World Loki on reveal day, and almost made an immediate cancellation. The likeness grew on me and I'm glad kept a PO.

Sigh. HT's obviously dishing out the Marvel figures fast so they could start developing the next versions from the next Marvel movies. This isn't due in another month or two supposedly, and it could have been enough time to make this release better.

IMO the headsculpt is the worst part of this figure. Was really looking forward to this since I don't have a BW yet, and I liked this costume and hair compared to here other versions (including AoU). If only I didn't pay the NRD... I've no choice but to wait and see if the figure would look much better in person :(

Looks like I'm in the minority for really liking this so far. I do get the Portman vibe and 1000 yd stare complaint, but she still looks really good. I find that I need to see many blogger and in-hand photos to get an accurate feel for these likenesses. I really disliked Dark World Loki on reveal day, and almost made an immediate cancellation. The likeness grew on me and I'm glad kept a PO.

I like it as well.

Is it possible hot toys give a longer release date now to cover both bigger production numbers plus any unseen problems, like poor sculpts from proto to production ?

I like this figure as well. Like you I get the complaints. But IMO this figure good looking and I can't wait to add BW to my collection.

I really like it and don't have the previous 2 but need to consider if it's worth it since the AoU version will be out in 18 months and fit much better if i buy the whole team.

Back