Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear people are receiving Fury with damaged boxes. May I ask if the outer shippers are damaged too?

If so, it's a simple fix, sideshow starts shipping the figures within another box; I swear they use to do that, at least if you ordered two figures they did.

you can ask for a packout option which costs an extra $10...

Some photos I took today:

17.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

Some more here: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2012/08/hot-toys-nick-fury-16th-figure-photo.html

Has anyone ordered anything from Corner Store Comics before? I'm wait listed for this with Sideshow but before I cancel my wait list and order it through them I want to make sure it's a site I can trust.

Corner Store Comics has a pretty good rep around here, and based on that, I ordered my Nick Fury from them. I'm still waiting. My order is still listed as "pending." I haven't been charged yet either. I think someone a few pages back said that CornerStore gets their allotment from (or maybe just "after"?) SideShow.

Has anyone ordered anything from Corner Store Comics before? I'm wait listed for this with Sideshow but before I cancel my wait list and order it through them I want to make sure it's a site I can trust.

Pretty much any offical dealer of Sideshow's is a trusted site :wink1:

Sorry to hear people are receiving Fury with damaged boxes. May I ask if the outer shippers are damaged too?

If so, it's a simple fix, sideshow starts shipping the figures within another box; I swear they use to do that, at least if you ordered two figures they did.

Bingo. These are already in shipping boxes. The only reason they'd put them in another box is if you order two figures. They'd need another, larger box to put the two boxes in :duh

The problem isn't Sideshow. People need to remember that. Its HT. They are the ones that don't pack their figures properly. Sideshow usually has bubble wrap or styrofoamed end caps on their own figures. If things are getting damaged its partially the shipping company (UPS/Fex Ex, etc) and HT's lack of a better designed shipping container. It has nothing to do with Sideshow. They're just shipping these out to you as cheaply as possible as it is. Personally I haven't ever really had any damage via the shipper. Sometimes there are paint rubs in packaging, but again, thats just HT's fault for packaing them the way they do. But they have gotten better lately.

I thought it was free shipping from SS?

I used to get a lot of damaged figure boxes from Sideshow - back when they were putting out a bunch of 1/6 licensed figures from X-Files, Planet of the Apes, James Bond, etc. After numerous complaints , they finally started double-boxing my figures at no extra cost. To this day, whenever I order a 1/6 figure, they always ship them double-boxed - for Hot Toys figures, they box the HT shipper box in another, larger box. And they never charge me a pack-out fee. That's how they should treat all their customers - Cornerstore Comics, BBTS, and Alter Ego all double-box items, at no additional charge (well, actually, BBTS often neglects to include the HT shipper box, but the product box arrives undamaged). Sideshow typically charges a much higher price for these figures, they should do the same.

got mine Friday from SSC to Australia in 3 days!!
For those still on the fence...i will let my pics hopefully sway you...

glennspics034.jpg

glennspics032.jpg

Amazing detail....

glennspics057.jpg

glennspics044.jpg

glennspics040.jpg

glennspics039.jpg

glennspics037.jpg

Mine came perfect.

I only got two figures in a box from SS if I odered them the same day and they were released the same day, which is rare.

Back