Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the noob-sounding question, but I've searched the internet without finding any help.

How the heck do I swap the heads? Do I need to soften it up with a hair-drier first? It's on pretty tight and it won't give. And what's with the extra peg? Do just the heads swap, or do the heads stay on the pegs, and the pegs swap? Like I said, I looked around for anything specific, and the only thing I found was someone that broke their peg - but no hints as to the best way to do the swap.

Thanks in advace!

Got mine today, and finally got around to opening him up. Fantastic figure! Really pleased with how it turned out. Definitely gonna fiddle with it some more tomorrow.

Sorry for the noob-sounding question, but I've searched the internet without finding any help.

How the heck do I swap the heads? Do I need to soften it up with a hair-drier first? It's on pretty tight and it won't give. And what's with the extra peg? Do just the heads swap, or do the heads stay on the pegs, and the pegs swap? Like I said, I looked around for anything specific, and the only thing I found was someone that broke their peg - but no hints as to the best way to do the swap.

Thanks in advace!

Mine took some real force to remove. More than any other head i've ever removed. Wasn't sure if it was gonna break at the base but finally gave way & came off. Once you finally remove the head you will need to instert the neck plug they supplied in the box into the red skull neck hole but you will need to heat the base with a hairdryer first then push plug in. Then force new head on.

What I wound up doing was heating the head with a blow-dryer. Came off no problem (the head from the plug). Heated up the other head, slipped on no problem. Only real problem in the end was that I had to strip down the shirt to access the neck (didn't want to damage the shirt or faux-leather) and getting that collar hooked back on...yikes. Had to use a toothpick.

What I wound up doing was heating the head with a blow-dryer. Came off no problem (the head from the plug). Heated up the other head, slipped on no problem. Only real problem in the end was that I had to strip down the shirt to access the neck (didn't want to damage the shirt or faux-leather) and getting that collar hooked back on...yikes. Had to use a toothpick.

that's what I do for all HS changes or hand changes. Those HT pegs are too finicky and I don't want to break them

Got mine last week. Really love the figure overall, especially the Weaving headsculpt and coat.

HTRS02.jpg

HTRS04.jpg

HTRS05.jpg

HTRS01.jpg

HTRS03.jpg

Newbie question- would it be cheaper to purchase 2 of these to make the 2 different figures eg: 1 with red skull & coat and 1 with uniform and Hugo head and sell off the extra bits of the 2nd figure

Or just buy 1 and then buy the body, foot/hands, pegs, neck, ants, boots, stand ....

Just need some opinions, as I think it's a shame not to display both outfits and heads :)

Thanks. :wave

Yes, really amazing, right down to the Hydra badging on the shoulders. Definitely one of my favorite Hot Toys figures.

Great! Great pictures!
Thanks for sharing!
I got mine, just got open him and take a few pics!

Back