Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The product photos on SSC's website shows super detail on the skin of the human portrait. Is it like this in hand? Or were the product photos on SSC kinda spruced up to sell the figure?

Face is even better in person than any image would have you believe.
My crummy iPhone images notwithstanding, it's incredible.
If you want i can try and take pics with better lighting...
IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

The product photos on SSC's website shows super detail on the skin of the human portrait. Is it like this in hand? Or were the product photos on SSC kinda spruced up to sell the figure?

Also what you must realize is that the pics on SSC's website are not production pics, they're pics of the prototype which is hand painted by one of HT staff.

The production figure is made in a factory, so paint apps will be different and some will argue that detail is gained/lost in the sculpt, but I agree with Username that this is better in hand (like most things are) than what pics suggest

Personally I think both Captain America and Red Skull are two of the very best Hot Toys has ever made. Makes me wonder why they are both so readily available and cheap (comparatively speaking).

Personally I think both Captain America and Red Skull are two of the very best Hot Toys has ever made. Makes me wonder why they are both so readily available and cheap (comparatively speaking).

Maybe a limited amount of love for Cap and Red Skull compared to the other figures?
I love the Red Skull(I have no interest in Captain America whatsoever), but even HT enthusiasts might not feel the need to own either of them.
I also don't see a lot of Chris Evans in the First Avenger Face sculpt. To me, it looks more like Brad Pitt under that helmet.
I think they messed up by not making the mask removable, or at least including a separate face without the mask.
It's a cool figure with a great costume. Easily the equal of the intricacy of the Red Skull's costume in detail and design.
But no face sculpt makes it a bit lame.

Wasn't gonna do it...but I finally couldn't resist...picked up Red Skull off of ebay for $188 shipped!!! I can't wait to get this guy! :hi5:

Wasn't gonna do it...but I finally couldn't resist...picked up Red Skull off of ebay for $188 shipped!!! I can't wait to get this guy! :hi5:

Im not a Red Skull fan but DANG it, this figure really looks cool!!!!, if it goes on sale, i "have to buy it"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4On0Xz8T2YM"]Check out my Red Skull MMS Figure Review![/ame]

Back