Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone tried putting the knock off steve rogers aou head on the first avenger body?

Here you go: IMG_20150607_240819938_HDR.jpg

If anyone wants, I'm selling my First Avenger. Contact me for info if you want.

Attachments

• 20150915_163920_zpswidfry1j.jpg
    20150915_163920_zpswidfry1j.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I know this is an older figure, but I'm sad to see it pushed back to page 5. :(

As with many others' Cap figures the paint on my shield has started chipping off something awful. I have been thinking of buying a replacement. I thought maybe get a battle damaged one, but then I realized, "Just do it yourself."

It needs more work, but here's what I have so far...

JMK's Hot Toys Captain America (29).jpg

looks like herr schmidt has been busy on that one :clap
I know this is an older figure, but I'm sad to see it pushed back to page 5. :(

As with many others' Cap figures the paint on my shield has started chipping off something awful. I have been thinking of buying a replacement. I thought maybe get a battle damaged one, but then I realized, "Just do it yourself."

It needs more work, but here's what I have so far...

View attachment 216503

Thanks, guys! :) I need to work on it a little more, but I think it looks much better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm putting the finishing touches to a WW2 Harley for Cap but can't get a white star for the fuel tank that looks right, has anyone solved this one already?

Hey a bit late to the party but anyone have any issues with neck not fitting to peg properly? Slots in but doesn't stick

Also any advice for a brand new spanky shields life preservation???? ��

The only issue that i see that is pretty prominent throughout all the figures is the padding/wire attachment on the left armpit/pec area that really pokes out compared to his right side

Hey a bit late to the party but anyone have any issues with neck not fitting to peg properly? Slots in but doesn't stick

Also any advice for a brand new spanky shields life preservation???? ��

Welcome to the Cap party! I haven't had any issues with the neck being too loose. Mine actually has the opposite problem (it's too tight and doesn't come off the body easily). Or are you talking about the peg between the neck and the head? On mine, the head fits just fine on the neck, but that peg always comes off with the head whenever I take the head off.

As far as the shield, you can spray the shield with a clear matte coat of paint (Tamiya TS-79). It helps stop the flaking, but the problem with the electroplated shield is that the paint's basically going to fall off no matter what. All the matte coat does is keep the paint together. If I look at my shield, I can see cracks where the paint is likely to flake, but the coat is keeping it on the shield. So it's more of a temporary solution, and the best long-term solution I've heard is to strip all the paint off and repaint it.

The only issue I've had with my TFA Cap is having to re-glue a strap back down on one of the belt pouches. The shield has been fine though, and I've never tired to take off the sculpt.

Back