Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea Hasting's is kind of luck of the draw really and for me, I've been lucky so far to not have had the issues many here have had.

My only issue was that my Thor was an obvious display piece that was then put back in the box with all the pastic wraps just layed on top of him. but that was before they really advertised the "100% product guarantee"

"New Product
We 100% GUARANTEE all new products to be in new condition and in the original packaging."

ever since then, I've gotten all brand new never opened figures from them

if there's something that you're kind of on the fence for, it's good to wait for hastings to put it on sale or get a good coupon. they're really good for the coupons and sales

yea Hasting's is kind of luck of the draw really and for me, I've been lucky so far to not have had the issues many here have had.

My only issue was that my Thor was an obvious display piece that was then put back in the box with all the pastic wraps just layed on top of him. but that was before they really advertised the "100% product guarantee"

"New Product
We 100% GUARANTEE all new products to be in new condition and in the original packaging."

ever since then, I've gotten all brand new never opened figures from them

if there's something that you're kind of on the fence for, it's good to wait for hastings to put it on sale or get a good coupon. they're really good for the coupons and sales

I think that's sound advice. I'm considering getting Odin down the road after I complete my Avengers team. He still readily available almost everywhere I found.

Well I ordered from Hastings a few days ago and the package is en route. I had held off on this figure for a while, but since they still had him at MSRP, and I had a coupon, it was worth it, IMO. Plus I wanted this version to go with the Red Skull.

I bought my Thor from hastings! Their CS rep will swear up and down all their products are "new and mint". For the most part, everything inside the one I bought was "mint". The box itself looked like it went through a few rounds of being squished and tossed around, but better the box than the actual product I suppose. :rotfl They also had no tracking system so it just arrived one day.

Well I ordered from Hastings a few days ago and the package is en route. I had held off on this figure for a while, but since they still had him at MSRP, and I had a coupon, it was worth it, IMO. Plus I wanted this version to go with the Red Skull.

Where do you find these coupons? :dunno

I think that's sound advice. I'm considering getting Odin down the road after I complete my Avengers team. He still readily available almost everywhere I found.

I just got my Odin a couple of days ago. Figured he would tide me over until Hawkeye comes out (I have Fury on 5 installments, so he won't be hitting my place for a while).

Got mine from BBTS... they said they had about 20 or so left when I asked about their stock levels about a couple of weeks ago.

Next to Iron Man, Thor is my fav of the Marvel films. Wanted to be sure I didn't wait too long and miss out on him.

Either Sideshow or Fedex has lost my shipment for my Cap Figure. Still waiting for Sideshow to get back to me as they are investigating this matter... The waiting really does suck.

I just got my Odin a couple of days ago. Figured he would tide me over until Hawkeye comes out (I have Fury on 5 installments, so he won't be hitting my place for a while).

Got mine from BBTS... they said they had about 20 or so left when I asked about their stock levels about a couple of weeks ago.

Next to Iron Man, Thor is my fav of the Marvel films. Wanted to be sure I didn't wait too long and miss out on him.

Thanks for the head's up! :wink1:

anyone else's shield start chipping? Mine is chipping on the edge and there's a chip on the inner red ring. I hardly touch it, just wipe dust off of it once in a while since It stays on the shelf. Any reason as to why this is happening?

Last edited:
anyone else's shield start chipping? Mine is chipping on the edge and there's a chip on the inner red ring. I hardly touch it, just wipe dust off of it once in a while since It stays on the shelf. Any reason as to why this is happening?

This is discouraging. Anyone else have this problem. This is one figure on my want list. :dunno

just go through the the last pages of this thread , there's already a bunch of people having the same problem as you

Mine chips very easily, it fell out of his grasp and I have a couple chips as a result. makes it look more battle damaged . .. . . yea . . . .

I got mine from BBTS the week before Avengers came out in theaters for $159. Then about a week after the movie hit, they raised the price to the current $189. Kind of a cheap move, but now it's the same price as Red Skull.

well i guess im somewhat comforted by the fact that im not the only one. Still... no solid explanation. There goes any idea of reselling this figure

I have two copies of this figure - one has chipping, one does not. Even though one is chipped, I still really like this figure.

If you're buying just to resell, then that's tough luck - if you treat this like an investment, then you'll burned every now and then. HT is not always a sure thing - just ask Odin, Goblin, Alice, etc.

If you're buying just to resell, then that's tough luck - if you treat this like an investment, then you'll burned every now and then. HT is not always a sure thing - just ask Odin, Goblin, Alice, etc.

initially, i didnt think about reselling at all, but ever since avengers cap came out, i've been considering it so it could help pay for that, but i see your point though

Love dump cause this figure is so awesome.

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Where do you find these coupons? :dunno

I get them in via email from time to time because I order from them often. For Cap I used a Free Shipping coupon I had saved. I'll post them next time I get one.

My Cap should be here Tuesday. I'm kicking myself for holding off on him, but glad I got him before he sold out.

I get them in via email from time to time because I order from them often. For Cap I used a Free Shipping coupon I had saved. I'll post them next time I get one.
My Cap should be here Tuesday. I'm kicking myself for holding off on him, but glad I got him before he sold out.

Thank you. :wave

Back