Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the tip man, so what i have to do is get rid of the glue on the shoulder pad attaching the arms and i'm good to go ? the straps seems to be the permanent type, so i wouldnt bother trying the untie them.

The straps aren't glued. They are just looped through the buckle.

For everyone or just the for those people who ordered early?

I need to start paying closer attention to which figures Sideshow is offering free shipping for; turns out I'm only saving $2 by going with Alter Ego on this one. That's hardly enough savings to make up for how many more weeks I have to wait.

I think partial shipment. I ordered on day 1.

I think partial shipment. I ordered on day 1.
I've been ordering from alter ego for a long time now. I agree the minimal savings are not worth the extra wait. Plus I hear its easier to acquire customer service from hot toys if you order thru sideshow. I'm definatley doing my PO with sideshow from now on.

If you're outside of California it's probably better to go with SS. For those of us in Cali SS is usually the last place to order from unless you really want the exclusive.

I've been ordering from alter ego for a long time now. I agree the minimal savings are not worth the extra wait. Plus I hear its easier to acquire customer service from hot toys if you order thru sideshow. I'm definatley doing my PO with sideshow from now on.
I'd still be willing to order from Alter Ego when the savings is considerable: the '89 Batman and Joker set for example is a savings of $15 from Alter Ego over Sideshow after shipping is factored in.

I was one of the last people to "preorder" Cap (right after I did it said "backorder" XD) abd I got free shipping

Picking this up from CSC today. Seems they only got a partial shipment.

Did they happen to mention if they were getting another shippment? I preordered with them and honesty my excitement for this piece has dwindled. I wouldn't be upset if my order was cancelled.

Finally got the mask off, imagine my surprise when I found this underneath....
387207_10150430089111884_655591883_9108831_257584878_n.jpg

:D

Hahaha. Funny!

I got on the backorder list for this. We will see if I even get it. I've decided to let go of my Spike and Angel statues (Buffy line) and get some faces into my collection that I don't already have. Sorry Sideshow, but it gets redundant!

I'm curious if the b/o list will be filled, but I tried anyways.

@Karnis This is too funny. Coincidentally, this year's Bill & Ted show at Universal Horror Nights featured a Captain Mexico but his shield was a trash can lid and he had a leaf blower.

Did they happen to mention if they were getting another shippment? I preordered with them and honesty my excitement for this piece has dwindled. I wouldn't be upset if my order was cancelled.

I'm with you on the dwindling excitement. I picked it up yesterday and I still haven't opened him up. They said the next shipment probably won't be in until after the new year.

I can't wait for my Cap to get here, I'm also wonder what makes Cap so short, if it's the lower leg I will switch them out with my Wolverine figure so he will be shorter instead of Cap.

Back