Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with a few other guys on here and I'm definitely not a fan of the comics/characters, but I'll check out the movie before I make any decisions.... however, this is an incredible figure, so congrats to those who have been looking forward to this one ;)

Holy hell!!!

I don't usually say this, but even if the movie is a complete turd I will still own this figure. Always loved Captain American and this figure is tits!!!

QFT..............this figure is too badass to pass on.

Thanks man, oh and it is on the 23rd, Sideshow posted this the same time as the teaser image:

Hot Toys’ Captain America 12-inch Figure will be available for Pre-Order through Sideshow Collectibles’ weekly newsletter on Thursday, June 23rd!

HI Guys
in case anyone is interested just preordered from lootentoys on ebay good price to the UK.

Cant wait for this figure only dissapointment is that the shield isnt metal however cant say no to a cap hot toys figure.

roll on the PF!!!

Absolutely awesome!!!!!!!

... makes me sad when I see the awesomeness of this and that they just couldn't get Supes right... :(

I guess that they felt an outdated actor in an outdated movie wasn't worth it..

Now THIS! This is a MUST buy!!!

Last edited:
Damn,with this release and the news of a new pred from predator 2..looks like i may just have to cancel my DX sparrow to free up funds

Last edited:
Cant wait for this figure only dissapointment is that the shield isnt metal however cant say no to a cap hot toys figure.

roll on the PF!!!

I wouldn't be too bummed about the sheild not being metal, something that big would be quite heavy and would likely loosen the body over time or even be impossible for the figure to hold up even out the package. Besides, Looks like they are doing a good job of simulating a metal look..

Okay, I agree with everyone here... THE FIGURE IS AMAZING.

HOWEVER... the shield is wrong. Sorry it must be said (and I'm not kidding).

It's too small.

HotToys-CaptainAmerica_TheFirstAvenger_CaptainAmerica_PR7.jpg

New_Captain_America_The_First_Avenger_Image_Has_Our_Hero_Looking_Beaten_Up_1303769967.jpg

captain-america-the-first-avenger-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

In the poster you can see just how WIDE the shield is. It's easily wider than Chris Evan's shoulders.
captain-america-the-first-avenger-movie-poster.jpg

THe HT is also too shiny. The actual shield is BRUSHED alluminum looking.
captain-america-the-first-avenger-movie-photo-Ninja+Romeo-7.jpeg

Aside from that... the shield itself is not the proper design... You can really see it in the following two images... the concentric rings on the actual shield are all the EXACT width... the HT shield has a smaller inner red ring. The star is not the correct ratio to teh width either.

HotToys-CaptainAmerica_TheFirstAvenger_CaptainAmerica_PR17.jpg

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-photo-3.jpg

So again, while the tailoring and scale of the FIGURE is perfect... the shield (captain america's most important accessory) is wrong. Help me clamour and get HT to fix this before release.

Back