Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures I took of my TFA Cap with the larger TWS body. The first shows the figure with the unmasked head sculpt from the first Avengers figure, and the second shows the figure with the unmasked head from the Civil War figure. The picture exaggerates it, but in person, the neck with the CW head is too long.

Hope this helps!

aa9d68668bb448c73f624752dd763461.jpg

1a0f511e5bd5656cbed838873618e03b.jpg

Here are some pictures I took of my TFA Cap with the larger TWS body. The first shows the figure with the unmasked head sculpt from the first Avengers figure, and the second shows the figure with the unmasked head from the Civil War figure. The picture exaggerates it, but in person, the neck with the CW head is too long.

You just need to pad the shoulders for that effect to disappear.

You just need to pad the shoulders for that effect to disappear.

The outfit is pretty tight on the upper torso/shoulder area, so you might not be able to pad the shoulders enough to make a difference. Another option would be to shorten the neck.

Damn I actually really like how that looks ...
Sizzoid, did you remove the fat suit from the WS body?

Yep, I removed all the padding from the WS body.

Hope this helps!

aa9d68668bb448c73f624752dd763461.jpg

1a0f511e5bd5656cbed838873618e03b.jpg

Thanks for showing us...I like it!

i have done so many custom caps, used all the types of sculpts, even swapped out the FA head with a modded head. CAP, WOLVERINE, and SUPERMAN are my fav 3. but i really like bashing custom CAPS...a few pics...

cuscap66_zpsyiidbs2z.jpg

cuscap67_zpsrv1q0s6c.jpg

cuscap70_zpsoaodiijh.jpg

cuscap73_zpslzk4ekjg.jpg

cuscap68_zpsqjgru49l.jpg

cuscap72_zpsnwaxzu2a.jpg

ebaycustomcap5_zps9mt3uy9t.jpg

ebay172_zps5igvwarf.jpg

ebay173_zpsysombh8e.jpg

cuscap71_zpsvvryoonx.jpg

i have done so many custom caps, used all the types of sculpts, even swapped out the FA head with a modded head. CAP, WOLVERINE, and SUPERMAN are my fav 3. but i really like bashing custom CAPS...a few pics...

cuscap70_zpsoaodiijh.jpg

Why is Cap letting the American Flag touch the ground? ;)

His arm got tired, but thanks for the unreal ability to be so astute. You must be the flag police🙂

^ Nice pics - he looks great! :rock

Seeing those pics reminds me, I bought an outfit like that ages ago to do a custom Cap - and I still haven't got round to putting it together! :slap :lol

My FA has fallen apart over the years. The shield has some serious flakage going on, one set of pouches tore off, the body seems looser than normal. Head sculpt still looks good.

My FA has fallen apart over the years. The shield has some serious flakage going on, one set of pouches tore off, the body seems looser than normal. Head sculpt still looks good.

Mine is not in that bad of shape, but the shield is. Trying to decide if it's worth it to get a replacement shield. If so, what is the best one to get (I don't want to deal with the flaking again). I also wonder what other upgrades people might recommend.

At this point for me, an upgrade would just be buying CW Cap altogether.

Yea, I have the AOU Cap, and I'm becoming more and more satisfied with the idea of it being my only Cap.

The FA Cap is showing it's age in terms of not quite living up to the most recent level of quality HT's is bringing theses days. I have considered just selling it, but the nostalgia of the first Cap movie is keeping me from parting with it; for now. That's why I wonder if there is a way to jazz it up, but at the same time it may only be worth so much effort.

The shield on my cap is also flaking.

I’ve been eyeing this shield as a replacement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301989901091?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has the good straps and buckles, as opposed to some other replacement shields that only have elastic bands there. I know no one would ever see that, but I would know!

I also toyed around with getting either the AOU or CW Caps, and thus I would have a old school Cap and a modern Cap. But both those ships have sailed. I kinda preferred the AOU Cap because the colors are a little closer to the classic comic book look with the red highlights and the white bicep area, but there was a lot of criticism about the restricted articulation for the figure. The CW is nice, but just not quite as nice as the AOU, so I stalled.

Maybe the Infinity Wars Cap will be just right!

Yea, I have the AOU Cap, and I'm becoming more and more satisfied with the idea of it being my only Cap.

The FA Cap is showing it's age in terms of not quite living up to the most recent level of quality HT's is bringing theses days. I have considered just selling it, but the nostalgia of the first Cap movie is keeping me from parting with it; for now. That's why I wonder if there is a way to jazz it up, but at the same time it may only be worth so much effort.

I felt the same way with my FA Cap. I also had the Rescue version, which I liked more, so I sold off my FA Cap. One thing that killed me was his height, as compared to the new Cap figures

I'm thinking of getting FA Cap from time to time coz I love the first movie but I already got Rescue Cap and adore him so I have been able to hold off on buying FA Cap so far. ^^ I guess, you'd definitely have to change the feet pegs so he gets a bit taller, right? And change the shield to the CW one.

Back