Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think there is some level of OCD in most collectors, that manifests itself in different ways. Buying multiples you'll never do anything with is one such manifestation. Some have to display their collection in a particular way (no more than 2 figures per Detolf shelf, no figures of different scales posed together, only figures from the same line can be posed together, no unofficial figures allowed, no official figures allowed, etc.) Some don't even ever take their figures out of the box!

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

I think a lot of us are having a similar response with this figure and that is that regardless of how we feel about the movie, the actor, or even Captain America himself, we all seem to have fallen in love (so to speak) with this figure. I see so many people saying how they do not care how good the movie is or that they do not even like Captain America, but they are buying this figure.

It's a great sign and it's part of the magic of figurines. With a poster, you probably wouldn't buy it unless you like what it is a poster of. Same with a lot of things, but a figurine is what it is physically and you can love a figure of something you hate.

This is really the kind of response Hot Toys should strive for: people who want their figure because it is a great looking figure, not because of what it is a figure of. If they can keep working magic like they did with Captain America, it should become easier to make profits off of things like the Tron Legacy, Sucker Punch, etc... licenses.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Yeah, all I'm saying is no one was paying $170 for figures back then. And to think that $170 is cheap is funny.

Why the hell is it so hard to explain this?

I got it, pretty funny too....history lessons are sometimes required, how easy we forget. :goodpost:

Now.....pay up your $170.00 and post how you're thinking of buying 2 because of how freaking cheap it is :lol

It is funny. I was a bit elated that this came out at $169.99. Supes at $209 is really completely overboard, but if that is what it took to make happen, I will pay. I used to collect Dragon military figures and those were expensive at $100. Funny how times change. I also never thought 5 years ago that I would hope gas would get below $3.00 a gallon.

In my day comics were five cents. And I had to walk 20 miles through the snow to get to school. Even in summer! :lecture

It is funny. I was a bit elated that this came out at $169.99. Supes at $209 is really completely overboard, but if that is what it took to make happen, I will pay. I used to collect Dragon military figures and those were expensive at $100. Funny how times change. I also never thought 5 years ago that I would hope gas would get below $3.00 a gallon.

This is why I stopped buying junk TRU/Walmart/Target Marvel-DC figures that go from $10.00-$20.00.

Some look nice (WM 6") but at the end of the day I need to focus the money on what counts.....these HT Marvel-DC figures, especially if some are hard to pass up at buying 2 of them.

Hell, even the large Galactus figure that is going for $63.00 at TRU was tempting but I said screw it.....that $63.00 is now going towards my Cap! :rock.

The only one I couldn't resist was the dude in my signature :lol

Back