Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comicamericayes.png

=D

Well, this is - more or less - pretty much what Utimate Captain America is all about.

And this is one of the MANY reasons he is WAY more cool than the 616 version...

It may make for a more interesting character, but it just makes you look like some misogynist ass to say his attitudes make "WAY more cool". If he expressed the racist attitudes common to a white male in 1940 would you find that "cool" as well?

Steve Rogers is suppossed to better man than the prejudices and failures of the society around him.

Well, this is - more or less - pretty much what Utimate Captain America is all about.

And this is one of the MANY reasons he is WAY more cool than the 616 version...

What version were you reading?
I love Ultimate Cap but he never expressed any of the insipid cliches in that cartoon. He sure wasn't a metrosexual hero like some people are used to and want nowadays that was for sure.

Removing the helmet has become a lot more complicated than I first expected. I pretty much ruined it trying to get it off. It's really glued on well. You literally have to pry the helmet away from the back of the head where it's slotted in and away from the face where it's heavily glued.
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

Maybe repainted it a bit and pass it off as a battle damage helmet.

For the guys who have this, where in the package is the shield suppose to be. I got one off ebay that is brand new but no shield to be found anywhere :(

The shield, guns, and ammo pouch are in the top lid of the box, check it out. Otherwise email the seller.

I wish the head sculpt hadn't changed from the prototype.. I was looking at my Cap today, and while I love the figure, he did take a step down in that area.

The shield, guns, and ammo pouch are in the top lid of the box, check it out. Otherwise email the seller.

I wish the head sculpt hadn't changed from the prototype.. I was looking at my Cap today, and while I love the figure, he did take a step down in that area.

Thanks for the info, the only place I didnt check. Been a long day

This is the first Hot Toys Marvel figure I purchased, and I have to say, it was well worth the price I paid.

The only gripes I have are the articulation(Which I could just replace the body with a better TrueType) and no un-masked head sculpt.

Other than those, I definitely like this Cap more than the Avengers version(Too sleek, IMO). Not to say I won't be picking that one up aswell, I just think this version is better.

That's it. I demand a 1/6 Arkham City Harley Quinn from Hot Toys! Let's hope they reveal one at SDCC for their Arkham City license...

Quick question. You're supposed to pull off Cap's hand to slide one of the shield's loops over the forearm... where does the other loop go? In his gripping fist?

Quick question. You're supposed to pull off Cap's hand to slide one of the shield's loops over the forearm... where does the other loop go? In his gripping fist?
Yeah, you're supposed to put one loop in the gripping hand while the other goes over his forearm.

Just be careful while doing it, Ive heard of the loop breaking if you force it too much.

If anyone is thinking about picking up that CIAN Head, I think it will do until the USO version comes:wave
capwolv008.jpg

Not crazy at all about that Evans likeness. Really not crazy about the Avengers expression, either. Hopefully the USO version will look good.

Back